Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Video game publisher 2K and studio Lucid Games, the company formed by prior developers of console games such as Blur and Project Gotham Racing, have released 2K Drive, a racing title exclusive for iOS.

Notably, the game includes all content up front upon purchase, including over 25 tracks, over 100 unique events, and over 25 licensed cars from automotive brands such as Dodge, Nissan, and McLaren in addition to original cars. 2K Drive also includes "RaceFace", a feature that allows characters to put their faces onto characters within the games and real life racing news within menus from publications such as AutoBlog and Car & Driver.

With a wide variety of racing modes for both single and multiplayer, 2K Drive promises a dynamic gaming experience for motorsports enthusiasts of all interest levels. Offering more than 100+ unique events on 25+ tracks in five environments, 2K Drive provides mobile gamers with the chance to get behind the wheel of more than 25 licensed cars, from manufacturers including Dodge, Fiat, Ford, GM, Icon, Local Motors, Mazda, McLaren, Nissan and So-Cal. And by using the "RaceFace" function, players can put their own face on their driver's, as well as see their friends behind the wheels of their cars when playing in asynchronous multiplayer.
The title was formally announced last month after Lucid Games originally teased the project in May on Facebook. 2K Drive is $6.99 and is available now in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 2K and Lucid Games Launch '2K Drive' Exclusively For iOS

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-09-05 um 16.46.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-09-05 um 16.46.57.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 880

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
I'm very confused. The app store lists this at version 1.5 with version 1.0 having come out April 1...

Even weirder, there are only 6 ratings and no reviews for any / all of the versions.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
I'm trying to figure out if the $6.99 gives access to all cars, or if one of the in-app purchases is required? According to one of the App Store reviews, you have to pay $10 to get access to the other cars. :confused:

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
meh... asphalt 8 is much better
but the good thing in this app is tat there are no in-app purchases, and, that ladies and gentlemen is awesome:cool:

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
meh... asphalt 8 is much better
but the good thing in this app is tat there are no in-app purchases, and, that ladies and gentlemen is awesome:cool:

There ARE in-app purchases. I was excited too, until I went to the App Store and there they are. :mad:

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
Anyone halfway serious about gaming should boycott that game or in fact, any EA game for that matter.
Yes, I'm serious.

people should boycott all pay to win games regardless! They offer little gameplay but sadly the drip, drip of small amounts don't seem to register how much people are actually spending on the games.

Although anyone who gets the £69.99 in-app purchases... well, probably best not to say what should be done with those people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.