Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1
fishing4feeling
macrumors newbie

need to mount NFS to home groupname username /home/$deptname/$username

Hi, I'm working in what is mostly a linux environment using NIS to login to a YP server and everyones home drive exists on a NFS server that gets mapped to /Home/$deptname/$username, so the only way I can currently get NIS users to work with MacOS is by editing the yp passwd file to change the default home directory path for something more Mac friendly like /home/$username but then this ends up breaking their ability to use other machines on the network (.bashrc problems)

Can someone tell me how to go about this, because if I could simply create folders in the /home folder for the two dept names we have, I think everything except for some bash scripting errors would works fine! Is their some way of creating folders or a symlink or an automount / auto_home directive that could make use of my current /home/$deptname/$username syntax ?
fishing4feeling is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion