Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iostehk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Atlanta
sep_2013_event_invite.jpg

I took a second look at Apple's event invitations, yea everyone knows the colors represent the UI overhaul with iOS7 and the huge leaks showing the iPhone 5C back housing, but the dots could actually be considered as a hint that there's an updated home button, Yea I know fingerprint scanner but what about LED notification's me being an Apple Fan Boy, there's more to Apple just adding a finger print scanner.

Share your thoughts

Last edited:

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
OP is on to something here. The dots definitely don't all represent the new colors for the 5C because there are 10 (I think?) different colors or shades on the invite. There's no way there are 10 new colors. The leaked flex cables for the home button could be an indication of this or the fingerprint sensor. maybe both.

emptysoul

macrumors regular
May 26, 2009
OP is on to something here. The dots definitely don't all represent the new colors for the 5C because there are 10 (I think?) different colors or shades on the invite. There's no way there are 10 new colors. The leaked flex cables for the home button could be an indication of this or the fingerprint sensor. maybe both.

And how would the colored dots and the tagline have anything to do with a fingerprint sensor? :confused:

Ignore me. Understand now :D

Warcake

macrumors regular
May 20, 2013
View attachment 431745

I took a second look (100x) LOL! at the Sep.10 event invitations and came away with this Yea everyone knows the vibrant colors represent the UI overhaul with iOS7 and the huge leaks showing the iPhone 5C back housing but the dots could actually be consider as a hint that there's a updated home button Yea i know finger print scanner blah blah blah but what about LED notification's me being a Apple Fan Boy there's more to Apple just adding a finger print scanner!

Share your thoughts! :apple:

My thoughts:

1. I agree, it could be a hint for a notification led.

2. You need to learn punctuation mark usage. :)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
View attachment 431745

I took a second look (100x) LOL! at the Sep.10 event invitations and came away with this Yea everyone knows the vibrant colors represent the UI overhaul with iOS7 and the huge leaks showing the iPhone 5C back housing but the dots could actually be consider as a hint that there's a updated home button Yea i know finger print scanner blah blah blah but what about LED notification's me being a Apple Fan Boy there's more to Apple just adding a finger print scanner!

Share your thoughts! :apple:

My thoughts? People still analyze these things. Also use punctuation, it matters.

iostehk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Atlanta
View attachment 431745

I took a second look at Apple's event invitations, yea everyone knows the colors represent the UI overhaul with iOS7 and the huge leaks showing the iPhone 5C back housing, but the dots could actually be considered as a hint that there's an updated home button, Yea I know fingerprint scanner but what about LED notification's me being an Apple Fan Boy, there's more to Apple just adding a finger print scanner.

Share your thoughts

Fixed:D

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
yeah thats too far reached. I think it is as simple as there will be multiple colors of
the iphone.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Home button LED Notification would be awesome.....

Lol.....still don't understand this line of thought:

Someone: "A stupid fingerprint sensor wouldn't make me switch back" (despite the fact there could be countless uses for such a feature).

Me: "Well, there could possibly also be an LED notification light in the home button."

Someone: "OMG APPLE TAKE MY MONEY!"

After owning numerous phones with the LED, I still don't understand the draw and how such a seemingly small feature could be such a game changer.

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Home button LED Notification would be awesome.....

there is another thread that supposedly shows the box of the 5s. The picture of the home button is updated with a light grey ring around the home button that looks like an LED. That could be what the grey rings are on the invite. A long shot....

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
LED home button= something I have been waiting for since the iPhone 3g. Really just an LED notification in general. When and if they have one I am sure Apple will advertise it as a revolutionary feature. If consumers look at 10 year old blackberries they had a great LED on the top. And the newer phones such as the Droid RAZR maxx hd have a great notification LED under the speaker. The option that apple includes to use the camera flash as a notification is just a horrible solution.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Lol.....still don't understand this line of thought:

Someone: "A stupid fingerprint sensor wouldn't make me switch back" (despite the fact there could be countless uses for such a feature).

Me: "Well, there could possibly also be an LED notification light in the home button."

Someone: "OMG APPLE TAKE MY MONEY!"

After owning numerous phones with the LED, I still don't understand the draw and how such a seemingly small feature could be such a game changer.

Game changer?? who said it would be a game changer? I didn't...

Everyone is different with different opinion, desire, & wants? I think it will be cool to have some sort of soft white / bluish LED indicator ring around the home button to "softly" blink when you have a new notification.

If you don't like or want it.. then I am pretty sure Apple would be bright enough to have an option to turn it off under the settings.

Perhaps you understand now...

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
there is another thread that supposedly shows the box of the 5s. The picture of the home button is updated with a light grey ring around the home button that looks like an LED. That could be what the grey rings are on the invite. A long shot....

fingerprint scanner

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010

Sweet.. do you have a link by chance? I searched and couldn't find anything.

Nvm.. I found it :)

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Game changer?? who said it would be a game changer? I didn't...

Everyone is different with different opinion, desire, & wants? I think it will be cool to have some sort of soft white / bluish LED indicator ring around the home button to "softly" blink when you have a new notification.

If you don't like or want it.. then I am pretty sure Apple would be bright enough to have an option to turn it off under the settings.

Perhaps you understand now...

Game changer - meaning would be the reason someone would switch back to the iPhone - ignoring other more substantial features.

I just find it interesting how BIG it is for some people - that's all. I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling that way. And if Apple implements one, fine. I'll turn it off and a large group of people here will scream for joy over it.

Lol, just funny is all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.