Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 6, 2013, 09:42 AM   #1
-iKris-
macrumors regular

Best "Invisible" Case For iPhone 5/5S

I'm looking for a case that'll fit the 5S when it comes out, and the 2 main things I want are very good protection and a design that's as close to invisible as possible. In other words, a case that looks like it's not there. I'd be ok with a transparent back and something that hides the edges of the phone, but I don't want to entirely lose the look of the phone in the case.

It would also be good if this case would fit the 5S which might have a slightly bigger flash...

So what case do you thing best fits these requirements? Thanks for your help!
-iKris- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

AppleCare+ !

Seriously... Try it one time. You won't ever go back to owning a case again. (Unless you work in an environment where a case is needed)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3
3rd Rock
Banned

I would seriously wait until Tuesday to see what the phone looks like and I bet a number of the case manufactures will have some ready when the phone is release or soon after.

Here is the link to the accessories board and they have numerous cases listed

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108
3rd Rock is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Motherload0211
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAnthony View Post
AppleCare+ !

Seriously... Try it one time. You won't ever go back to owning a case again. (Unless you work in an environment where a case is needed)
However, it takes just one accident, and some cases are really nice, and compliment the iPhone, and some get these scratches/dents, wishing they had a case. Others will not like any of them and remain case free. Yes, AppleCare + is in my opinion is, " I rather have it, and not need it, than needing it, and not having it" Some post on this forum that their iphone got busted but did not have the added peace of mind.

AppleCare + in the USA is $99.00
Motherload0211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:05 AM   #5
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload0211 View Post
However, it takes just one accident, and some cases are really nice, and compliment the iPhone, and some get these scratches/dents, wishing they had a case. Others will not like any of them and remain case free. Yes, AppleCare + is in my opinion is, " I rather have it, and not need it, than needing it, and not having it" Some post on this forum that their iphone got busted but did not have the added peace of mind.

In the past, I'd get tired of cases very easily. After a few weeks I'd get bored, find something else that looked sharp, and purchased it. I have over 20 cases sitting around in a box that use to be for my 3Gs & I have another 10-15 cases sitting around for my iPhone 4. It was just a waste of money. A decent case will normally cost you around $30-40. 2-3 cases and you've pretty much paid the equivalent of having AppleCare+.

The main reason why I purchased AppleCare+ was because of the extended warranty. Way too many issues with my iPhone 4... It was nothing but a headache. The accidental damage covered is just a bonus.

I do agree that some cases really do look nice on the iPhone 5. A friend actually gave me an Incase Slider (White & black) and it looks pretty sharp, I must admit. I just hate the added bulk. The only case I do use with my iPhone 5 is the Mophie Juicepack Helium. I tend to have many long hour days, and it really does save me.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:06 AM   #6
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload0211 View Post
Plus $50 per replacement, and only 2 replacements allowed, ever.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories