Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
I'm working on installing an iPad mini in my car's dash and just realized there's no way that a regular Lightning cord is going to fit sticking out the side of the iPad mini so I need to get a right-angle ribbon connector Lightning plug to round the corner.

Does anyone know where I can get this from?

I bought one of those Chinese iPhone docks and pulled the lightning connector out of it and at least its dimensions were perfect, but it didn't work at all. I need power AND audio and it didn't do anything... didn't even give me power! Totally defective Chinese crap.

Does anyone know if Apple makes a Lightning plug or adaptor or connector that has a right angle connection inside that I could buy and break open? I'm not sure I trust a plug from anyone other than Apple actually working correctly. Even if it's $50, I don't care. I'm just hoping there's some kind of lightning adaptor that I could break open and steal a right-angle lightning plug from that's fully functional.

Thanks!

bdrake47

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2012
AFAIK Apple doesn't make one. It seems the key would be to look at dock connectors for disassembly for your project.

These guys seem to have this issue figured out.

Would love to see pics here of your completed install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.