Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:26 PM   #1
SexyBeast
macrumors regular

Disguise Location in Android

Does anyone know if there is an app that disguises your location. I have several apps that stream live sports but my local teams are blacked out. I want the phone to think I'm on the other side of the country so I can watch them. Do I need to be rooted?
SexyBeast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2
mellofello
macrumors 6502

Turn off location services? Nuclear option would be to subscribe to a VPN service. I use one for my computers to avoid torrent trouble. It gives me a UK ip adress, so I can stream BBC iplayer content. IIRC you also have the option of a few different us locations.

strongvpn.com
mellofello is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices