Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
On earth, not telling ya where, I want this for my self, there is a 30" 1600p ACD avalible for a 100$ on craigslist. The listing says that it is in mint condition and includes a DVI to DP adapter.

Is that too good to be true?

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
On earth, not telling ya where, I want this for my self, there is a 30" 1600p ACD avalible for a 100$ on craigslist. The listing says that it is in mint condition and includes a DVI to DP adapter.

Way too good to be true.

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Agree to the sale, then go to the bloke's house to pick it up.

If you're not back in a fortnight we'll assume you're being held for ransom.

It's a win win for us.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Sounds pretty cheap, if you do decide to go for it set up the meeting near a police station or somewhere else with quite a bit of police presence so you don't have much chance of getting robbed or anything else happening if it is a scam.

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013

It's a win win for us.

I don't care what kind of person he is or how hated he is around here, this is inexcusable behavior!

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

It might not be too goo to be true. Someone in my area was selling a 20" for $100(along with a PMG5 1.8 with keyboard and mouse).

It could be that they've been trying to sell it and already sold the machine, so why not just get rid of the display? It's possible.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012

It's a win win for us.

I don't care what kind of person he is or how hated he is around here, this is inexcusable behavior!

Inexcusable behavior? I burst out laughing, and I would have done so had he been talking about me! :)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
It might not be too goo to be true. Someone in my area was selling a 20" for $100(along with a PMG5 1.8 with keyboard and mouse).

It could be that they've been trying to sell it and already sold the machine, so why not just get rid of the display? It's possible.

Because the 30" is a *MUCH* higher-end display. The 20" displays were pricey, but not $1000+. They were always the "lower-end" option, whereas the 30" has been an ultra-high-end its entire life. Not helped by the fact that it required a high-ish-end video card to run it early on.

So, yes, $300 is either the steal of the month, or a scam. But, knowing this OP, I don't really expect to see a followup one way or the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.