Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
It's a white 32GB iPhone 4S. It's on AT&T but I can easily unlock it if I want to. I put it up for $350 but I have a guy that wants to buy it for $280. Is that a good price or should I wait for someone else? Thoughts?

KaijuRed

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
It's a white 32GB iPhone 4S. It's on AT&T but I can easily unlock it if I want to. I put it up for $350 but I have a guy that wants to buy it for $280. Is that a good price or should I wait for someone else? Thoughts?

I sold mine on eBay for $400. Shipping and eBay/PayPal fees, I ended up getting $380 for the exact phone as yours (with the original box, usb cable, ac adapter).

On Craigslist, people will want to buy Apple products cheap and sell Apple products high. On eBay someone will always buy something, you just need to find/wait for the right person.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If you want to wait that's fine, but remember the iPhone 4s certainly isn't going to go up value in the next few days.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
I sold mine on eBay for $400. Shipping and eBay/PayPal fees, I ended up getting $380 for the exact phone as yours (with the original box, usb cable, ac adapter).

On Craigslist, people will want to buy Apple products cheap and sell Apple products high. On eBay someone will always buy something, you just need to find/wait for the right person.

eBay is much too easy to get scammed for my tastes. Just go and google "eBay iPhone Scam" and see all the results.

Hell, I could go on there right now and scam someone for their iPhone if I really wanted to. I've read countless stories of people sending their iPhone to the purchaser, then the purchaser takes the phone, tells PayPal there was nothing in the package to begin with or worse yet, simply sends back a box of books, and gets a PayPal refund of the purchase price. From what I've read PayPal almost always sides with person purchasing the product (in this case the scam artist) the same way my Credit Card Company will be on my side if I tell them I didn't get an item I paid for.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Yeah I've never been a fan of ebay. I think I'll just go with this guy, I doubt I'll be getting any more.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

I disagree. My experience has been to sell high. They don't like the price, I have others in the email inbox waiting.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
I also forgot to mention that it has some noticeable scuffs around the bezel from being in a case, and the home button needs to be pressed twice sometimes. Both of which I mentioned in the ad.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I also forgot to mention that it has some noticeable scuffs around the bezel from being in a case, and the home button needs to be pressed twice sometimes. Both of which I mentioned in the ad.

Take the $280 then. After Tuesday you'll be lucky to see that, I think.

davey0

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2006
This is what happened to me. The person received my phone (was just replace by Apple, so it was in new condition), claimed that it was broken, complained to PayPal, and sent back a broken iPhone. The guy even had the nerve to leave me negative feedback!

eBay is much too easy to get scammed for my tastes. Just go and google "eBay iPhone Scam" and see all the results.

Hell, I could go on there right now and scam someone for their iPhone if I really wanted to. I've read countless stories of people sending their iPhone to the purchaser, then the purchaser takes the phone, tells PayPal there was nothing in the package to begin with or worse yet, simply sends back a box of books, and gets a PayPal refund of the purchase price. From what I've read PayPal almost always sides with person purchasing the product (in this case the scam artist) the same way my Credit Card Company will be on my side if I tell them I didn't get an item I paid for.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013

I'd counter him back with $320. Thats a very fair price. I wouldn'g go below $300 for a 32 GB 4S. Just be patient, you'll find a buyer.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Probably should go ahead and take it. You'll be lucky to get that same offer after tomorrow when Craigslist is flooded with iPhone 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.