Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
Hello,

I'm looking for an app, maybe you can help me.

I'm reading a lot of PDF files for my IT certifications. I don't have my ipad with me all the time, so I'm looking for an apps that exist on IOS and on MAC/Windows.

This way, I can read my books from home on my ipad and when I'm at work I can use my windows pc to continue reading. I do a lot of annotations, so I'm looking for an app that I can upload the file in the could and continue where I was, whatever platform I'm using.

iBooks on Mavericks would have been nice but no windows support. I though of Kindle for PC but it doesn't support personal files on windows...

So do you know a cross-platform reading software with clould and annotations support ?

Thanks !

/V\acpower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
I use the app "Documents" on iPad, it support PDF reading and PDF annotations.

I know that annotations I make on a PDF on iPad with Documents are compatibles with the ones in Preview on OS X, I think they are with Adobe Reader too on Windows.

Also, Documents is fast, beautiful, useful and totally free, I highly recommend it with anyone who use a iPad.

It is also compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive and Skydrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.