Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
I just got the new Dual Gig MDD Powermac.... I have plans on having a dual monitor setup so the ATI Radeon 9000 is going to be used to it's fullest extent.... Can I install another PCI card (Focus TView Gold PCI) to view it on my tv as well or will the two cards conflict?

http://www.focusinfo.com/products/tview_goldpci/tview_goldpci.htm

Also...does anyone know if the Focus TView Gold PCI is compatible with OS X? All the drivers I found on Focus' website are for OS 9....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Radeon 7000 has an S-Video out, and is OSX ready for about $100.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
is it PCI?
Does it have mmoney back guarentee if ur not happy?

if yes then go for it
os x will most likely have drivers for it. phone or email the manufacturer and ask about osx support.

hope it helps

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Hey guys! Thank you very much. I'll call up ATI tomorrow. :D

So theoretically this card won't conflict with the Radeon 9000 I already have installed, right?.....

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
Hey guys! Thank you very much. I'll call up ATI tomorrow. :D

So theoretically this card won't conflict with the Radeon 9000 I already have installed, right?.....

I run a 9000 & a 7000 to drive a 3 monitor setup.

I haven't used the S-Video, but it is supported in the OSX ATI drivers. Make sure to follow the install procedure (Driver install, shut down, card install, reboot?), else you can fsck things up.

Also, make sure you buy the Mac edition of the card (check dealmac, pricewatch, etc).

Mine was $109 shipped.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Nipsy, Thank you. Thank you very much. I'll definately buy it now. I just had to make sure that it worked with two cards. Once again, Thank you very much

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2001
Call me a dumbass! I installed the card first then the software.... so far it seems okay. What's gonna happen at this point? Don't know....hopefully it won't do any damage.....

Originally posted by Nipsy

I run a 9000 & a 7000 to drive a 3 monitor setup.

I haven't used the S-Video, but it is supported in the OSX ATI drivers. Make sure to follow the install procedure (Driver install, shut down, card install, reboot?), else you can fsck things up.

Also, make sure you buy the Mac edition of the card (check dealmac, pricewatch, etc).

Mine was $109 shipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.