Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
California
After todays keynote, who is out looking for an iPhone 5? Apple's website took it down and I've heard that many retailers are low or OOS.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I see some nice discounts at Bestbuy etc?
Anyone with me?
Maybe i will upgrade my 4S to a 'cheap' 5?

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Im looking around on Craig'slist. Haha I have a Note 2 but i just want to buy it outright and keep my baby.

Quick Question - If I get an unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon, can it run on the ATnT network and will ATnT allow me to do so?

I want the iPhone at times but then I dont. its a love hate thing :)

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Bought one a month ago so I wouldn't have to. And I needed a phone right then and there. I was worried it would be a bad call not trying to wait it out. But at this point seems not so bad and I paid for price for unlocked so also seems like that option might not happe for a while. I am happy and readi for ios7. That all said if someone wanted to pay me some stupid amount for it I would sell. But that won't happen ;)

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Im looking around on Craig'slist. Haha I have a Note 2 but i just want to buy it outright and keep my baby.

Quick Question - If I get an unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon, can it run on the ATnT network and will ATnT allow me to do so?

I want the iPhone at times but then I dont. its a love hate thing :)

It will work on AT&T but it won't get LTE

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I can see no reason why I would want an iPhone 5 when in a couple of weeks I can get a superior 5S for the same price.
I've had the the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5 and had every intention of getting the 5s. To be honest, I was not impressed much since the 5 is very fast and don't really care much about the fingerprint scanner. Walmart has the iphone 5 for $98 with a 2 yr contract which I think is a great deal. The iphone 5 is still a beast.

Ticktock123

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
If your happy with the 5 and can find a deal then the 5 is a great phone, but the 5S is superior.

Lol u can't argue with a fanboy. Far superior? Sorry I don't see it either. The 5 is awesome and the fingerprint scanner is just this years Siri... A cool novelty and nothing more.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Lol u can't argue with a fanboy. Far superior? Sorry I don't see it either. The 5 is awesome and the fingerprint scanner is just this years Siri... A cool novelty and nothing more.

Why on earth would someone buy an iPhone 5 when you can buy an iPhone 5S for the exact same price? The form factor and looks are nearly the same, but everything else is vastly improved?

Bryan

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
I was hoping to find some iPhone 5's being dumped on Craigslist, but no luck (at least not today). Prices in good shape are still $475-500 on a 16gig. The 5C will be $549 brand new off contract -- no point.

Ticktock123

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2013
Twice as fast and a better camera, while specs, are things you will notice in daily use.

I agree but anytime someone mentions a x Core cpu or X amt of RAM on an Andriod phone everyone says specs don't matter. Not sure how that wouldn't matter just the same.

James717

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2013
If your happy with the 5 and can find a deal then the 5 is a great phone, but the 5S is superior.

The 5 is fine.

Superior in the "it-should-be-better-after-six-months-like-all-electronic-devices" kind of way.

So what? the 5 is great. The 4S is fine. Use your needs to buy electronics. Otherwise, you will end up looking like a fool using the newest, most expensive, most hyped electronic just to do simple mundane tasks.

It's like using a MacBook Pro Retina with all the works just to write papers and surf the web. Yeah, typing a paper using iWorks looks sooo much better with Retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.