Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Sep 10, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
Automator: trimming file path (POSIX text)

Hi everyone -
I've posted this in the apple discussions forum, but thought I might get faster help here. (http://discussions.apple.com/thread/5298918) If you can help there instead, that would work just as well.

This is what gets passed to Mail:

/Users/colin/Desktop/test/3/file3.txt
/Users/colin/Desktop/test/2/file2.txt
/Users/colin/Desktop/test/1/file1.txt

I want to remove the /Users/colin/Desktop/test/ from the above list when it is passed to mail. How do I do that? (it's probably right in front of me...)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2
subsonix
macrumors 68040

You can probably exchange the "get names of finder items" action with "run shell script" and this content:

Code:
for f in "$@"
do
	echo "$f" | sed 's/\/Users\/colin\/Desktop\/test\///g'
done
Also, select "as argument" in the upper right corner drop down menu.

Keep in mind that the file path is specific to your environment, and hard coded here, so if you move the files or run it on a different computer it will probably not work without modifications.
subsonix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming