Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
When can we expect to see apps like Facebook and Twitter optimize their user interface to iOS 7 style?

Don't we usually see a few apps update right away? Or are we looking more toward the 18th?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
iOS devs have only been able to submit apps with the new iOS7 SDK for the last few hours, then there's the approval process, so it won't be straight away no.

This wouldn't have stopped devs submitting apps prior to today to simply make it LOOK more iOS 7ish. but they wouldn't have taken advantage of any new APIs etc.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
When can we expect to see apps like Facebook and Twitter optimize their user interface to iOS 7 style?

Don't we usually see a few apps update right away? Or are we looking more toward the 18th?

Probably in the upcoming days, can't wait!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You will likely see them rolling out in the next couple of weeks. I know that for the most part, I haven't seen an app that I use take on the new look. I've been on iOS 7 since beta 1. Now, I think developers weren't supposed to roll out those changes until iOS 7 was released and that could be why. Consider that the devs have had iOS 7 for a while now and they should have been working on getting their apps in order. So again, the next couple of weeks at worst.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
You will likely see them rolling out in the next couple of weeks. I know that for the most part, I haven't seen an app that I use take on the new look. I've been on iOS 7 since beta 1. Now, I think developers weren't supposed to roll out those changes until iOS 7 was released and that could be why. Consider that the devs have had iOS 7 for a while now and they should have been working on getting their apps in order. So again, the next couple of weeks at worst.

Blackboard mobile learn app did. Looks horrible tho.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013

Why do they have to use iOS7's style and can't have their own?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Blackboard mobile learn app did. Looks horrible tho.
Oh yeah? I don't use it so I don't know. Does it look like iOS 7 or just a take off on the flat design gone wrong?

Why do they have to use iOS7's style and can't have their own?

They don't have to but generally they should employ the keyboard. My apps that I use don't do this either.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Looking forward to Instacast 4, redesigned for iOS 7. Hope it gets approved right away so it's available on the 18th.

absolutazn87

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
San Francisco
During the keynote, Apple briefly showed a screen containing screenshots of a ton of different iOS 7 optimized apps.

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-10%20at%204.09.51%20PM.png

You can see Facebook (bottom row, 3rd from left), Twitter (bottom, 5th), Path (bottom, 7th), Vimeo (top, 4th), Evernote (middle, 2), Paypal (bottom, last), NBC (middle, 5th), TED (middle, 6th) and others.

Anyone else recognize any?

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Nice! Twitter looks to be a lighter blue. I just want the keyboard integrated everywhere. It already looks so old when the iOS 6 version pops up.

Come on developers! Lol

----------

And what about that nike app???

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
This is going to bring some inconsistency to the applications on our phones. You know you are always going to have those couple of apps that don't update to the new looks/keyboards and such, and stand out against the uniformity of the rest.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
GetGlue already updated to a new UI and flat icon a few days ago

not completely, in iOS7 the status bar and the navbar will have the same color, and the keyboard will be the new iOS 7 style, they only changed the app to a flat style

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
During the keynote, Apple briefly showed a screen containing screenshots of a ton of different iOS 7 optimized apps.

You can see Facebook (bottom row, 3rd from left), Twitter (bottom, 5th), Path (bottom, 7th), Vimeo (top, 4th), Evernote (middle, 2), Paypal (bottom, last), NBC (middle, 5th), TED (middle, 6th) and others.

Anyone else recognize any?

is instagram part of this list? that screenshot is hard to read some of what those apps are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.