Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Matteous
macrumors newbie

Deleting Sole Admin

I'm rather new to the mac, so I'm still getting used to it. I am wondering what 'managed' user means, and also wondering how to delete an admin account from the single user mode. I'm running 10.8.4 if that's helpful
Matteous is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:18 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

If you are the sole user, use the admin account and do not worry about managed accounts yet.
You need an admin account anyway, to install or remove applications and do other fun stuff in Terminal.
And you probably cannot delete the only admin account from a managed account, as one needs to be logged into an admin account to delete other user accounts.
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:23 AM   #3
Matteous
macrumors newbie

As I was playing around with it, I changed some things around and I made 2 admin accounts (the second one from the single user mode) and got rid of the original. I don't remember the password I had for the new admin account and was just wondering if it was possible to delete the account from the single user mode. I want to create another, but I would like to get rid of the existing one first. The only account I can access at the moment is a 'managed account' (And root of course) But would still like to get rid of the admin
Matteous is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:27 AM   #4
chrfr
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteous View Post
The only account I can access at the moment is a 'managed account' (And root of course) But would still like to get rid of the admin
It sounds to me as if you're trying to circumvent security settings. A normal non-admin user account isn't a managed user.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help