Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Has anyone succeeded unlocking an iPhone 4S with the Gevey Ultra S 2.02 under the new GM?

Please don't tell me about imei unlock sites, for my carrier it's simply no option..
Thanks for any replies!

M.a.r.k.

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
That's exactly what I wanna know.
I'm afraid to try it because in case it won't work I'll be screwed

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I would hold off, it has the new BB 5.0.00 instead of BB 3.4.03.

More than likely it will not work and will need a new Gevey.

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
i have exactly the same question, if would be nice if anyone could confirm this information

fardeenah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
Someone tested it from a French website and said that it works though the SMS is slow to send and fail at times but call works as well as 3G. The mms still has issues.

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
I guess someone will just have to plunge in at the deep end.. I'll try within the next few days and report back!

Juxt

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
Hi~~

I used a GPP on my iP5/Sprint and it didn't work, had to restore to 6.1.4. iO7 had a BB update. :|

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Updated now too! Posting this from a 4S with iOS 7 GM and Gevey 2.02. I've had no issues so far! Phone and 3G work as expected. Haven't tried sms though..

Juxt

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
Updated now too! Posting this from a 4S with iOS 7 GM and Gevey 2.02. I've had no issues so far! Phone and 3G work as expected. Haven't tried sms though..

I guess the GPP is the only one not working... :(

diepalme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
After two days with iOS 7 I've yet to have any issues. SMS works flawlessly for me and everything else is as it should be including voice & data! Guess I'll hear from you guys when 7.0.1 is out!

franciscopratas

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
dear all, I can confirm that gevey ultra s DOES WORK with iOS 7 PR (sep 18, 2013) on iPhone 4S. don't be afraid to update -- about the only thing you should be, is patient because apple servers are running slowly

----------

please post if the official release tomorrow works...

it does work!!!

iMatamoros

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
i have a 4s with the latest IOS6 (i think it was 6.2.1 or something, but anyhow it has the latest 6) with a geavey sim card, if i update to iOS7 will it still work? or it only worked on the betas and GM?

umar1

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Hi All,

I am new here, just wanted to ask if gevey unlocked iPhone 5 works after updating to iOS 7.

nonsequitur

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
dear all, I can confirm that gevey ultra s DOES WORK with iOS 7 PR (sep 18, 2013) on iPhone 4S. don't be afraid to update -- about the only thing you should be, is patient because apple servers are running slowly

----------

it does work!!!

Are you guys using FuriousMod with your Gevey Ultra S? Did you use the auto configuration tool since a jailbreak isn't out yet?

maximunr

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Are you guys using FuriousMod with your Gevey Ultra S? Did you use the auto configuration tool since a jailbreak isn't out yet?

I own a locked iPhone 4S with a gevey 2.02, I just update to IOS 7 and it's working perfectly.
3G, sms, calls, signal are great!
I just registered on this forum just to let u guys know that it does really work :)

nonsequitur

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I own a locked iPhone 4S with a gevey 2.02, I just update to IOS 7 and it's working perfectly.
I just registered on this forum just to let u guys know that it does really work :)

Yes, I got that part. I'm wondering though how you are using the Gevey? Are you using it with FuriousMod? Just the Gevey Ultra S by itself doesn't work.

Unless you have an AT&T iPhone 4s and don't need FuriousMod?

maximunr

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Its not jailbreaked and its not on fouriousmod.
The only thing that changed was my baseband (5.0.0)
Its only the gevey!

Momolocs

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Ok but do u have an att iphone 4s or a verizon/sprint one because verizon and sprint gevey only works with a furious mod package?

monofer10

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013

Hi Maximunr and all,

Where can I buy the Gevey Ultra S 2.02? I would really appreciate that info.

Thanks a lot.

Momolocs

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
From the gevey website

But are the people claiming that gevey works on ios 7 use iphone 4s gsm or cdma!!!

CDMA

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Its not jailbreaked and its not on fouriousmod.
The only thing that changed was my baseband (5.0.0)
Its only the gevey!

Maximunr, let ask you the question straight as others appears to confirm your reported information – I have sprint 4s with gevey and using T-Mobile (US) – I don’t believe there’s any additional apps on the phone designed to work with the gevey (no furiosmod or something like that) – are you saying it’s safe to upgrade to iOS7 and all will remain well? Just hesitant in doing so and afraid the damn phone may got locked again and havce no idea how to deal with it again. Please confirm.

----------

Hi Maximunr and all,

Where can I buy the Gevey Ultra S 2.02? I would really appreciate that info.

Thanks a lot.

Momolocs: why don’t you attempt to upgrade/update and report back here if it works or NOT?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.