Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
Im on iphone 5 and its a little worse than beta 6. I really notice it with the dynamic wallpapers enabled

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Did you restore your backup?

Erase all content and settings and setup as new.
That usually fixes battery drain issues

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Things have been fine here on iPhone and iPad. 10% in 3 hours with some game use, messaging, etc on iPad. 6% in 3 hours not really using my phone at all.

thomaskc

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I find this happening too.

coming beta6 where everything was amazing battery wise, GM really has taken a hit at it.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
in 1 hours use, GM dropped from 100% to 88%. not good at all!!!

I reverted to 6.1.4, updated to 7 GM and restored backup using itools.

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
iPhone 5, installed from scratch - HORRIBLE battery life, nothing is open. It went from 35% to 20% as I was installing apps, while connected to the iMac (via Lightning cable). It is connected to my iMac it is holding steady at 20% charge.

Un-fricken-believable, this is a GM?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Great battery life for me so far. Better than all of the betas. I did restored to the GM, then reloaded everything from my iCloud backup.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
You can try 2 things:

1. Reset all network settings.
2. Restore as NEW and do not load a backup.

I did option #2 and my battery is just fine.

How did you manage to get all of your contacts, email, and calendar back?

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
You can't set brightness to 100%, switch between Wifi and 3G, leave apps running in the background and then complain about battery life. As long as battery drain differs from one user to another i think it comes down to user habits not the OS.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
How did you manage to get all of your contacts, email, and calendar back?

Depending on who your provider is... If you are using iCloud, all you would have to do is log back into your account and get all that back.

I am trying the path of restoring a backup, as I don't want to lose app-data, photos etc. (but I haven't had issues with GM battery... but i've only had it about 14 hours).

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
You can try 2 things:

1. Reset all network settings.
2. Restore as NEW and do not load a backup.

I did option #2 and my battery is just fine.

This is a highly prefered route especialling when fiddling with beta versions and moving on to final release, it's highly recommended to start fresh. If you have apps u'd rather keep their data without resorting to iTunes backup you can use a nice outstanding utility called iTools available for both Mac and Windows. I usually backup with both iTunes and iTools just in-case iTunes goes bananas.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Oh, I dont care about app data...I dont have any games.

I have a recent iCloud backup...So can I erase all content and settings, then setup with my iCloud backup? Ill be sure to load my photos onto my laptop harddrive first.

Will this be about the same as a fresh install?

doubleaa

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
My biggest complaint with Apple iOS devices is "just do a clean restore and do not reload your backup to fix your battery life problem."

WTF is the backup for? I'm experiencing terrible battery life as well and re-doing my entire phone to address this is a poor solution.

This isn't just with iOS 7 either, it's been this way with prior releases and needs to be addressed. Apple should be able to figure out to restore from backup without it raping the battery life of your device post restore.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Sucks that you have to jump through hoops just to get decent battery life.

It's a guarantee that the battery life issue wasn't caused by something that got corrupted/botched during the update. I did a clean install of EVERY beta release of iOS 7 and didn't experience 10% of what people were reporting unless it was a major issue like in Beta 4 where the phone would go into DFU mode on its own after panic.

Software isn't perfect. Installing clean just eliminates any unknown undelying issues that would take a long time to locate and correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.