Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
The plasticky pretty colours 5C is clearly aimed at the Asian market with Cook getting all cosy with China Mobile's 1 billion new customers.

The 5S the usual stopgap model on the product pathway.

Any other words come to mind when thinking of the C and S? The C isn't cheap that's for sure.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
The plasticky pretty colours 5C is clearly aimed at the Asian market with Cook getting all cosy with China Mobile's 1 billion new customers.

The 5S the usual stopgap model on the product pathway.

Any other words come to mind when thinking of the C and S? The C isn't cheap that's for sure.

Its not aimed at the asian market. Its aimed for the world.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
5 Crap I think. People expected a lower spec phone and a correspondingly lower price, but I don't think they've achieved that. I agree with killing the 5 in that having more than 3 iPhones officially on sale at one time may get confusing, and might make it seem too much like they're turning into iPods but the price doesn't work. From what I've seen it's a worse phone than the 5 for the same price that the 5 would've been at had they kept it. The casing looks a bit like a 3GS and I can't see it looking good in the flesh, especially as it has the larger screen and retina. Needs another £60 at least of the price I think and even then I'd still be sceptical as to its chances.

I don't think that the C as a concept works positioned between the 5S and 4S either. I think that most people who don't already have an iPhone won't look closely at internal specs and would go for the 4S: it's cheaper, looks better and as a first smartphone, the 5C screen might be too big anyway, even if it is still on the small side by industry standards.

NickPhamUK

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2013
C according to Apple stands for 'Colourful'.

To me C certainly doesn't mean 'Cheap'. If anything, it's 'not Cheap', compared to the pricing of 5, 5S and Android models in the market. And nowhere did Apple say it's for 'China'. 5C will be sold everwhere in the world, and so will the 5S.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
As soon as I saw the keynote I thought C stands for "choice" 5C. 5(C)hoices. There are 5 different color choices. As for the 5S, the S must stand for (S)crewingoverpeoplewithouthavingpreorders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.