Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1
SakuraSuki
macrumors 6502

The problem for iOS 7 on iPad is it is just not optimized for iPad

It does not really take advantage of iPad large screen size. Take Safari for example: unified search and search for text is just pain in the butt. You do not have to bring favourite page when you start typing. Why not just do the Mac way?

vs.

Search for text:

vs.

Clearly, the Safari for Mac uses large screen better than iOS 7. It is just an iPhone enlarged one.

Music app is also not really optimized for large screen. Music app in iOS 6 is more polished.

I mean it, take artist for example, all you get is list of all artist where as in iOS 7 you get nice grid view.

vs.

Not even considering all the performance issues: such as frame rate drop, slow animation etc. I just cannot see how this is finished version for iPad, it is just not polished.
SakuraSuki is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:37 AM   #2
tehreflex
macrumors regular

Everything is amazing and nobody's happy.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:39 AM   #3
chardzard
macrumors newbie

I personally much prefer the list view in the music app for artists over the grid view.
chardzard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Mabus51
macrumors regular

I don't mind iOS 7 on the iPhone. But on the iPad it looks HORRIBLE. The bigger screen makes all the flat transparencies stand out in such a hideous way. It's choppy when the screen re-orientates. Folders look stupid in the 3x3 grid the phone uses. The white is migraine inducing on a large screen, even with the brightness turned all the way down.

Thanks you've made my iPad a Surface RT tablet. I think I'm just going to pitch it in the trash after work today.
Mabus51 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:18 AM   #5
SirithX
macrumors 6502

Animations are choppy, but moreso I agree with the 3x3 grid... why?? Why not at least 4x4? Folders in iOS 6 included more on the iPad than the iPhone, so why keep it the same for both this time? Definitely seems weird and a bit jarring on such a large screen.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:39 AM   #6
MacReloaded
macrumors 6502

iOS 7 on the iPad feels more than ever like a blown up iPhone version.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Mabus51
macrumors regular

It's not weird, it's just not Apple. They pulled a Microsoft on this one and got lazy. In the sense that it was obvious the iPad version was not ready but they couldn't delay it probably due to stock holder pressure or media fallout saying Apple is slipping. But what they gave us for the iPad is the Phone version. The keyboard and folders being the most obvious evidence of this. I feel this is going to cause backlash for them which is the opposite they were shooting for.

Does iOS 7 work on iPad? Yes technically it does. Does it work well? No...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:50 AM   #8
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Why not just delay it with new iPads released next month? There are gonna be tons of complaints come next week. Sad thing is these were all things that were mentioned reported and still not fixed. The "its a beta" argument was a bunch of BS when it came to glaring iPad issues to begin with.

The now playing lock screen is a complete joke. Everything is just crammed in the music app control area. Plus lots of things just take extra taps now where they didnt used to.
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:13 PM   #9
Mabus51
macrumors regular

Jonnyb098, I couldn't agree with you more. It seriously should have been delayed until the launch of the new iPads. It needs more time in the lab to cook.

Another thing I've noticed, it seems slightly more blurry and not as vibrant. I wonder if this may be due to stretching assets from the phone version to the larger screen of the iPad in a rush job to get it out the door. I dunno maybe I'm just seeing it with rage eyes.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:50 PM   #10
adnbek
macrumors 65816

I don't like how much screen real estate the status bar in Safari takes on the iPad, even without the bookmark toolbar. On the iPhone it actually shrinks when you scroll down so more of the page is visible.

And I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me but even in iOS 6 I don't remember Safari's status bar taking this much space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	432609  
adnbek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:21 PM   #11
SakuraSuki
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnbek View Post
I don't like how much screen real estate the status bar in Safari takes on the iPad, even without the bookmark toolbar. On the iPhone it actually shrinks when you scroll down so more of the page is visible.

And I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me but even in iOS 6 I don't remember Safari's status bar taking this much space.
I think Apple could make icons smaller, so that statues bar takes lesser space. If you compare with Safari on OS X, you notice that OS X version's tool bar takes lesser space.

Because of iPad have so much more screen real estate, hiding tool bar is not necessary.
SakuraSuki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:22 PM   #12
chumawumba
Banned

Why Obama why
chumawumba is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:40 AM   #13
Wbutchart
macrumors regular

Is it true that on multitasking there is still only the same amount of apps shown as on an iPhone? Think its about three...? If so that's a complete joke! It will make it feel like a giant iphone which for me anyway I have never felt my ipad is. I'm really weary about upgrading my ipad next week, phone ill do no concerns but my ipad is my most important of the two, I got rid of my laptop so do not want it feeling like a big iPhone.

Does anyone know where there are wak through videos of the gm on ipad? Checked YouTube but all it brings up is nonsense about getting the gm early.
Wbutchart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:41 AM   #14
Zcott
macrumors 68020

Try portrait mode. Looks way better.
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:43 AM   #15
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

I guess its just me who likes iOS7 on the iPad?

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 03:45 AM   #16
iAmirul
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
I guess its just me who likes iOS7 on the iPad?
youre not alone. I feel iOS7 looked better on the iPad..

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7