Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Hi all,

Does anybody know if Apple is going to be accepting in store pickup options for the iPhone 5s at 10 PM on the night of the 19th or if they'll implement it in the first week of sales?

I'm trying to decide between in-store pickup, ordering online for delivery, or chancing walking into a carrier store the same day or same week.

Thanks.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Hi all,

Does anybody know if Apple is going to be accepting in store pickup options for the iPhone 5s at 10 PM on the night of the 19th or if they'll implement it in the first week of sales?

I'm trying to decide between in-store pickup, ordering online for delivery, or chancing walking into a carrier store the same day or same week.

Thanks.

Where does 10 pm on the 19th come from? I've heard that several times.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
I think they mean beginning 10pm on the night before in the Apple Store app, you can reserve your unit for pickup on launch day.

so you can in store pick up? or what up? keep me update

So 10 PST or 1EST hopefully?

How exactly do we do this? I plan on stealing my friends ipad mini to use the app store app that night, and didn't see an option for in store pickup, though I didn't make it to the end of the buying process. Is it fairly obvious?

pk7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
I think they mean beginning 10pm on the night before in the Apple Store app, you can reserve your unit for pickup on launch day.

Yep!

So 10 PST or 1EST hopefully?

How exactly do we do this? I plan on stealing my friends ipad mini to use the app store app that night, and didn't see an option for in store pickup, though I didn't make it to the end of the buying process. Is it fairly obvious?

It was an option last year. No idea if it will be an option this year. And if remember correctly, it was 10pm est

Isn't it 10PM local time?

Just posted about this in another thread

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/17877231/

This is interesting. Assuming that information is true I might just order it online for delivery, or go stand in line for the first time ever. :eek:

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
It was an option last year. No idea if it will be an option this year. And if remember correctly, it was 10pm est

Yep!

Isn't it 10PM local time?

This is interesting. Assuming that information is true I might just order it online for delivery, or go stand in line for the first time ever. :eek:

I'll check at 10 just to be sure, but then again at... 3am
... gross.

Again, is it obvious if it were to be able to pick up in store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.