Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renosausage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hey everyone,

I currently have an iPhone 3GS that I am ready to finally get rid of.

I want to upgrade to a 32gb Iphone 5s, but I need some advice on how to do it.

The nearest Apple Store for me is 3hrs away and I am willing to drive there on the 20th to buy this thing, but here is my two questions?

I am currently on a plan with my father and mother through Verizon. My father is the owner of this plan. To order online on the Apple website, all I need is my personal cell #, His billing zip code, the last 4 digits of his Social Security number, and his Verizon password. If i drive to the Apple store that morning to buy it will I need anymore information? Will my father have to be there?

Second question, has anyone went and picked up an iPhone on opening day like this before? Is it fun? Is it worth it?

Thank You!

swish2351

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Michigan
Hey everyone,

The nearest Apple Store for me is 3hrs away and I am willing to drive there on the 20th to buy this thing, but here is my two questions?

I am currently on a plan with my father and mother through Verizon. My father is the owner of this plan. To order online on the Apple website, all I need is my personal cell #, His billing zip code, the last 4 digits of his Social Security number, and his Verizon password. If i drive to the Apple store that morning to buy it will I need anymore information? Will my father have to be there?

Second question, has anyone went and picked up an iPhone on opening day like this before? Is it fun? Is it worth it?

Thank You!

If you are under 18, he needs to be there

If you are over 18 or the primary account holder, you can go alone

renosausage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
If you are under 18, he needs to be there

If you are over 18 or the primary account holder, you can go alone

Okay, well I am over 18. So all I need is that information and I should be able to buy the new iPhone 5s right?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Is that 3hrs total or one way? I'm just order online when possible and be done with it.

I live 5 minutes away from a not so busy Apple store and want to say I got there 6AM and there was a bit of a line. I'd hate to drive that far and not be guaranteed or get there really early to then have to drive back after.

Nobody can say with shipping since you can't preorder. Best case same day, worse maybe weeks. No one knows at this point.

renosausage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Is that 3hrs total or one way? I'm just order online when possible and be done with it.

I live 5 minutes away from a not so busy Apple store and want to say I got there 6AM and there was a bit of a line. I'd hate to drive that far and not be guaranteed or get there really early to then have to drive back after.

Nobody can say with shipping since you can't preorder. Best case same day, worse maybe weeks. No one knows at this point.

thats both ways, do you know how long shipping would take

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Hey everyone,

Thank You!

Becareful!! They get sold out really fast so try to go to a not so famous store if possible and oh yea be there 10 min before it opens. It is fun, the rush is amazing but imonce got dissapointed due to it being sold out :( atleast the color andnsize i wanted was.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I would just upgrade via http://www.apple.com or Verizon.com and save myself a trip.

Word of advice stay up late and order it as soon as it hits apples website. If you are on the first wave of orders you should get it within a week. If not then you could be looking at atleast 2-3 week time wait. This is the method I have used for the passed couple of years except getting it delivered on release day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.