Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Apple needs to clarify this. Is at 12:01 everyone orders online to either be shipped or picked up at the store there may not be any point of waiting in line unless they have guaranteed inventory in the store that can't be reserved online and is first come first serve.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Apple needs to clarify this. Is at 12:01 everyone orders online to either be shipped or picked up at the store there may not be any point of waiting in line unless they have guaranteed inventory in the store that can't be reserved online and is first come first serve.
They've said nothing about picking up at the store, but they do mention that shipping is free.

ethanlee

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
California
If there's no pick-up at store option, which I doubt there will be, I wonder how long shipping would take, especially since Sat and Sun are right after.

Nope, I confirmed with Apple support reps that there will be an in-store pickup option, but you take a risk of them running out of your model of launch day stock for that store.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Do they ship from China? I'd say by the end of the following week for sure.

I'd guess local warehouses are stocked full of them. Although I plan to stand in line on the 20th, I am going to be online at midnight on the 20th to see if the Apple online store notes an expected delivery date when you actually try to order one.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Nope, I confirmed with Apple support reps that there will be an in-store pickup option, but you take a risk of them running out of your model of launch day stock for that store.

Last year the Apple Store at Fashion Island had iPhones in stock all day. No supply shortage. The only problem was the ridiculous long line that didn't end until almost noon.

I bet Apple saw how there was no supply shortage last year and decided pre-orders were no longer necessary and just an extra hassle.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013

That sucks. If you choose in-store pickup you would think that they would not sell it to anyone since you already purchased it. They can't just put them to the side? :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.