Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1
cpuin
macrumors member

NSTableView get selected row data

I want to get the data of NSTableView selected row.But i need to access the Core data data corresponding of the selected row.

i only know how to get the selected row, but not the corresponding data.

Code:
 NSInteger selectedRow = [_contragentSheetTableView selectedRow];

if (selectedRow >= 0) {

NSLog(@"The selected row is %li", selectedRow);

}
    else {
        NSLog(@"No row was selected");
    }
cpuin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:20 PM   #2
devilofspades
macrumors member

first off, you should never be accessing "_instanceVarName" directly unless in your init method or inside your custom accessors. instead you should be using "self.instanceVarName". as far as the answer to your question, it depends how you are populating the data from coredata into your tableview. you should have some tabelview delegate methods for filling in your tableview. what is your tableview data source tied to? is it hooked up to your cd datebase? does your tableview actually populate the data you are after or are you not at that point yet?
devilofspades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:08 PM   #3
cpuin
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilofspades View Post
first off, you should never be accessing "_instanceVarName" directly unless in your init method or inside your custom accessors. instead you should be using "self.instanceVarName". as far as the answer to your question, it depends how you are populating the data from coredata into your tableview. you should have some tabelview delegate methods for filling in your tableview. what is your tableview data source tied to? is it hooked up to your cd datebase? does your tableview actually populate the data you are after or are you not at that point yet?
My NSTableView populate core data Entity.
cpuin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Tags
coredata, data, nstableview, selected row