Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Joe1
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5s data use

Will the iPhone 5s compress data well. Im curious because im thinking about switching to att 10gb share program. I currently have the unlimited data option and my wife has the 3gb plan. In total she uses about 2gb a month (iphone) and I use 4gb a month (android). Years ago I had a blackberry and it used much less data then my wife's iphone due to data compression. It will only save me about 10 bucks a month but I will then be able to use the hot spot feature.
Joe1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:13 AM   #2
user-name-here
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1 View Post
Will the iPhone 5s compress data well.
The iPhone doesn't compress data.

If you'd like this feature you could perhaps use Opera Mini browser or Onavo app which have this feature.
user-name-here is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:19 AM   #3
itjw
Banned

I know it seems like a good idea, but don't.

That unlimited plan is an endagered species that is NOT coming back, and even with throttling at 5GB it is still usable for streaming (I watched NFL games on it last weekend throttled).

Even if it costs you a little more, keep it. One day you'll thank me. Even if you use less now, things can change quickly.
itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone