Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2002
WA
Hi, I need some more advice. I am a poor guy with a steady job. My father is a traveling salesman. He doesn't have a computer and is a newbie. My mom won't let him fiddle with the Pc at home. It is a crappy pc and crashes all the time. I would love to buy him an iBook. Should I? My girlfriend says yes. My folks would freak. Probably be mad that I spent so much. Should I?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
sounds like a go, although since i no nothing about your dad but from the little i read it seems like a 999 ibook would suit him fine. if he likes it a lot he can always add a lacie burner to it. remember appleloan. appleloan is a god send for someone who cant afford a mac right then and remember, 180 same as cash. hope you figure everything out.

iJon

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
If you can afford it
If you think he will use it

If you dont want it for yourself (hard to resist)

then why not. otherwise it might be better going out with him and seeing if he likes it first.

hope it helps.

James.Paul

macrumors regular
May 19, 2002
Northallerton, England
Travelling salesman? Then an iBook would be sweet. Get him Daylite by Marketcircle to run on it, that will help him out with his sales projections and contacts/appointments as well.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
I was gonna suggest a used machine first...

... but the demand for iBooks is so high, the used ones cost almost as much as the new ones. You can get applecare later, near the end of the first year, but I'd get a third-party additional 256MB memory and put it in from the get-go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.