Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
at or after 12:01 AM, where will you order or pick up your iPhone 5S?
Apple website or VZW website? Apple Store or VZW store?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I plan on going to the Apple Store around midnight on Thursday and waiting until they open at 8 am personally.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
What is this "Loophole trick" you're talking about?

Using an upgrade from another eligible line (that in most cases already doesn't have unlimited data), then putting the newly upgraded device on your line. One line gets renewed (the one you upgraded with) and your line doesn't and you keep unlimited.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Using an upgrade from another eligible line (that in most cases already doesn't have unlimited data), then putting the newly upgraded device on your line. One line gets renewed (the one you upgraded with) and your line doesn't and you keep unlimited.

I've been thinking about this..

My wife's mother has a upgrade eligibility on her account and she doesn't have unlimited data. If she purchases the iPhone 5S with the subsidized price and gives the phone to me, can I activate that phone on my account?

What are the steps to do this if anyone knows?

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Plan on going to our mall and trying the Verizon store, then Apple store if they have no stock. We have a lot of Verizon stores around us so stock shouldn't be an issue :)

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I plan on ordering it online at the verizon website at 3 AM EST. I never have luck with apple.com but verizon is always easy to order from.

When I get to work I'm gonna go across the street to the mall's verizon store and see if they have any in stock. If they do then I'll buy it there and cancel my online order (if I still can) otherwise I'll just wait. Not waiting in any lines though.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Either Verizon's website or the store by my house. Apple's store is just way too far a drive and I'm not doing the whole "wait in line" thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.