Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevebrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Broke my iphone4 beyond repair. Front glass/screen completely gone, back case cracked. It still plugs in and the home button works but i can't enter the passcode to get to my photos.

I haven't backed up in a long time and i'm looking for a way to pull my photos. I know the passcode, so i thought maybe a way to connect it to a computer to see the screen? Only problem is everything seems to need me to push some sort of button on the nonexistent iphone screen.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
What i've looked at so far:
Numerous things that require a jailbreak (but i can't do that without a screen, right?)
ifunbox, but i believe that requires a jailbreak too
reflector - that requires i turn on mirroring.

Please help!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I know on a PC, if you connect an iPhone, it appears as a camera and you can just copy the pictures off it like you do with any other camera. No pressing buttons necessary. I think the same can be done on a Mac, too, though it gets more complicated because of iPhoto and stuff.

EDIT: Hmmmm.... on second thought, you have a passcode. Don't know how that works, since I never put a passcode on my phone. I'd give ifunbox a try, as that works to copy pictures and stuff off even non-jailbroken phones.

You never backed up, even to iCloud?

stevebrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
I know on a PC, if you connect an iPhone, it appears as a camera and you can just copy the pictures off it like you do with any other camera. No pressing buttons necessary. I think the same can be done on a Mac, too, though it gets more complicated because of iPhoto and stuff.

EDIT: Hmmmm.... on second thought, you have a passcode. Don't know how that works, since I never put a passcode on my phone. I'd give ifunbox a try, as that works to copy pictures and stuff off even non-jailbroken phones.

You never backed up, even to iCloud?

tried connecting it to a pc, and it doesn't recognize it as a camera, but as a portable device (though i don't know what to do with it after that, because it doesn't show up anywhere other than the device manager).

maybe i don't know how to use ifunbox right (on mac), but it crashes like 4 times when i plug the phone in, and then nothing comes up when it finally runs

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
tried connecting it to a pc, and it doesn't recognize it as a camera, but as a portable device (though i don't know what to do with it after that, because it doesn't show up anywhere other than the device manager).

maybe i don't know how to use ifunbox right (on mac), but it crashes like 4 times when i plug the phone in, and then nothing comes up when it finally runs

I recommend something like digiexpress to fix the screen and LCD for you. Then u can get the back fixed if u want, and ur phone should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.