Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
I have a iphone 3gs was 5.1.1 did over air wifi 6.1.3 update. Wanted cydia do did the 6.0 baseband to downgrade. Messed up somwhwre on the break. Itunes wont restore after reboot. Not sure what to do and i have 2 different connect to itunes on phone. 1 is the reg one and the other you need to add a language and country. it just keeps rebooting to that

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
No need to start 2 threads on the same subject

Absinthe won't work on 6.1.3

First you'll need to tether Jailbreak the phone with redns0w, during the jailbreak process your phone will be activated as well so you can complete the setup process (selecting language, country etc)

After that we'll take it from there

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
you will also need to download iOS 6.0 ipsw for the 3GS model that you have and go to extras -> select ipsw after you have ran redsn0w

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
im on redsnow win 0.9.15b3 i did the procedure cydia tweaks checked thats it it says waiting for reboot and hangs nothing else.

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
yes i did all that. what im stuck on when do i do just boot? Ive got as far as the bundles and the pineapple but after that booted i cant get on wifi and firmware is not recognized. Do i do just boot and go in the turn off mode 10 secs? Im just not sure when to do this so i can use wifi.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
yes i did all that. what im stuck on when do i do just boot? Ive got as far as the bundles and the pineapple but after that booted i cant get on wifi and firmware is not recognized. Do i do just boot and go in the turn off mode 10 secs? Im just not sure when to do this so i can use wifi.

What's the baseband of the 3GS? 6.15.00?

You have to do the "just boot" every time you start up the device since its a tethered jailbreak

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
Im on but it does show firmware and wifi wont connect says off and no option for on and bluetooth is shaded. not sure what to do next what is missing? i dont have service or sim because i have no plan yet im just using for wifi

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Im on but it does show firmware and wifi wont connect says off and no option for on and bluetooth is shaded. not sure what to do next what is missing? i dont have service or sim because i have no plan yet im just using for wifi

Go to settings -> general -> about -> modem firmware

Is that 6.15.00? If yes, downgrade the iPad baseband using redsn0w

Try and do a "restore" to 6.1.3 and then jailbreak. It's generally not a good idea to "update" if you're jailbroken

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

In other words you tried to install the iPad bb on an incompatible 3GS and you fried all it's radios.
Sorry for the bad news but there's nothing you can do to reverse that.
Next time be more careful and ask questions before you attempt anything you're not familiar.
If you have posted the first 5 digits of your serial we would have told you if it's safe or not to flash the baseband.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
What are the first 5 digits of serial number of the phone? Only phones made before week 27 of 2011 can upgrade to the ipad BB

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
Serial number is 84052. running 6.1.3 dont see firmware yet no wifi. But im on. if i got a plan on this (service) would it work? How can i get wifi? Should i reset erase all data and settings and try again? Keeps rebooting to apple logo then its on. And keeps saying searching as before would usually say no service which is better

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
If you are jailbroken you can't do a erase all content and aettings.

You have no wifi because you BB needs to be reflashed

Your 3gs is from week 52 2010, you can flash the ipad bb on that 1 without problems:

use this tutorial, also use the older redan0w version mentioned in the tutorial

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22653

If this does not work try again.

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
Too late already erasing all content settings if that real bad? It keeps spinning. What verison of red should i use if i can get my phone back to at least apple logo. im on 9.15b3.

johann2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
charleston WV
ok so i loaded redsnow 9 14b1 do i downgrade to 5.1.1 then? I already have that file saved? io have apple logo so ill try to get in the flashing mode. Ok im back at the version i was on with no wifi firmware showing yet

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Flashing the BB is different than flashing a firmware! Make sure you only select downgrade BB during the BB reflash with redsn0w

Just to confirm, which firmware are you now on?

Don't rush and take 1 step at a time

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Absinthe 2.0.4

flash code at end says code signature for shared cache failed with errno=7

Redsn0w is not updated for 6.x you need to make it think you are on 6.0

Download the 6.0 IPSW from here:

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
Now first go in to redsn0w extras/select IPWS and select the 6.0 IPSW
no go back to main menu and hit jailbreak

Select the install ipad BB

after it has succesfully installed(verify on device) repeat the process but now select the diwngrade option, that will install the 05.13.04 BB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.