Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:00 PM   #1
matthew2926
macrumors 6502

Does Anyone Know About iPod Classic Hardware?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Anyway, I was looking to build an a 160GB 7th generation iPod Classic. I am going to buy all of the parts off of eBay. I think that I have all of the parts picked out, but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone tell me if I have all of the parts that I need? Also, are all the parts correct? Like are they all compatible with each other? The link to my list of parts is http://my.ebay.com/wishlist/Valerie-...g5blkrc2VRKio* Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!
matthew2926 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 09:57 PM   #2
rgarjr
macrumors 603

How much does all the parts come out to be? Might as well throw a bigger hard drive in there.
rgarjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Carlanga
macrumors 603

buy one that is working and just exchange the hard drive if you are not sure how to do it
Old Sep 14, 2013, 05:48 PM   #4
comictimes
macrumors 6502a

Good luck! I may be crazy, but I'm not seeing any sort of motherboard, headphone jack, cable jack, all that fun stuff...
Old Sep 14, 2013, 06:48 PM   #5
matthew2926
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
buy one that is working and just exchange the hard drive if you are not sure how to do it
I might just do that. I was supposed to build it from scratch for a school project but it would be expensive. I am getting pretty good at doing repairs, but that is on iPods that have been working already. I'm sure that if I try to build it from scratch I will end up missing a part. Thanks for the advice!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
Good luck! I may be crazy, but I'm not seeing any sort of motherboard, headphone jack, cable jack, all that fun stuff...
I'm not gonna build this iPod anymore, but the motherboard was there. It's called a logic board. And you're right, I forgot to add the headphone/hold switch flex cable thingy. Nice catch. Thanks.
matthew2926 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod