Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
So who's ready for GTAV :)

Releases this Tuesday 17th
Anyone on the Xbox side would like to make a clan online or something?

Gamertag: iPhoneNerd

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I had it preordered for a year on my fave site, but then I switched to Amazon because it was cheaper... then a few days ago I switched to the Special Edition :D because I really can't wait for this! I'm deliberately speeding through my projects this weekend so I can take a few days off next week. Between this and Pokemon X&Y next month I'm going to have zero free time left.

Got it for the PS3 because I'm hoping when it eventually does come to PS4 it will have that "upgrade to the next gen edition for a fee" thing and I'll be able to transfer the perks and save file from the Special Edition over! Also the multiplayer looks incredible so I don't want to have to subscribe to Gold just to play that portion of it.

Anywho! I'm hyped for it. It looks like they've learnt from how dull GTAIV was, very grown up of them to admit as much in the gameplay trailer they released some months back.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I had it preordered for a year on my fave site, but then I switched to Amazon because it was cheaper... then a few days ago I switched to the Special Edition :D because I really can't wait for this! I'm deliberately speeding through my projects this weekend so I can take a few days off next week. Between this and Pokemon X&Y next month I'm going to have zero free time left.

Got it for the PS3 because I'm hoping when it eventually does come to PS4 it will have that "upgrade to the next gen edition for a fee" thing and I'll be able to transfer the perks and save file from the Special Edition over! Also the multiplayer looks incredible so I don't want to have to subscribe to Gold just to play that portion of it.

Anywho! I'm hyped for it. It looks like they've learnt from how dull GTAIV was, very grown up of them to admit as much in the gameplay trailer they released some months back.

Hey is true that GTA online wont be available on launch day?
I'm googling the problem, but I get mixed answers.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

Last I heard it was going to launch 2 weeks after the game, so people have had enough time to get used to the game itself.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012

I heard it was coming in October? It seems to be pretty vague at this point. Honestly, I don't mind having a couple weeks to a month to get lost in Los Santos before there are any distractions.

Can't wait for this! :D

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Just as I pulled up this thread, Amazon notified me that my order for PS3 has been shipped for delivery on Tuesday.

I'm going home for a little break as of tomorrow, but all I want to do is play GTA :eek:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'll invariably pick it up, just hope I don't get bored 4 hours in and fail to complete it any further ... which happens a lot in these type of games for me.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England

I similarly changed my pre order to the SE recently.

But do you think that GTA V will be ported to PS4, I imagine that it will just be GTA online that gets ported and not the actual game.

I'm gutted because I was thinking about taking tuesday off work but decided not to and I am regretting it now. Oh well, I'll just have to rush home every night for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru

But do you think that GTA V will be ported to PS4, I imagine that it will just be GTA online that gets ported and not the actual game.

I'm gutted because I was thinking about taking tuesday off work but decided not too and I am regretting it now. Oh well, I'll just have to rush home every night for the next few weeks.
Why would GTA online be ported? Aren't both together? I'm starting to think both were separate projects...unlike GTA IV where it was embedded in the game itself.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

I'm gutted because I was thinking about taking tuesday off work but decided not to and I am regretting it now. Oh well, I'll just have to rush home every night for the next few weeks.

The most expensive game ever made will definitely be heading to any platform that can run it. It will be on next gen consoles for sure.

My guess; PC version in Jan-March. PS4/Xbox1 version in June or 12 months after the first launch.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I'm done buying PS3 games, if I buy this it'll be during a steam sale or if it hits the PS4 (once its in the bargain bin).

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I'm going to buy it after i have read a few decent tests and reviews. I just can't believe that my Xbo360 will run this BEAST!
I'll wait and see how the performance turns out.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I'm going to buy it after i have read a few decent tests and reviews. I just can't believe that my Xbo360 will run this BEAST!
I'll wait and see how the performance turns out.

Just curious: How many discs on 360?

I will pick this up eventually...either when it's less than 20 bucks on Amazon UK, or when it's free on PS Plus.

mylop

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
I ordered from Amazon UK in October 2012. Right now, it's still showing "waiting for dispatch" with an estimated delivery of Wednesday 18th. I'll be so gutted if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Has anyone received theirs early?

Just a warning to those who have ordered the Special Edition (not the one with a cap etc) - it won't fit in a normal sized letter box apparently. That is what Game have told me, so make arrangements.

KENTW

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2009
Has anyone received theirs early?

Just a warning to those who have ordered the Special Edition (not the one with a cap etc) - it won't fit in a normal sized letter box apparently. That is what Game have told me, so make arrangements.

I chanced my luck and walked into my local supermarket - they had GTA V on the shelves for pre-order. I took the empty box to the till and they proceeded to retrieve the real thing from the draw. I have never shoved my credit card into a machine so quickly..... followed by me legging it out the store before anyone changed their mind!

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I folded and ordered one from Gamestop... I'll pick it up tomorrow since theres no way I'll be at any midnight launch for a game lol.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I chanced my luck and walked into my local supermarket - they had GTA V on the shelves for pre-order. I took the empty box to the till and they proceeded to retrieve the real thing from the draw. I have never shoved my credit card into a machine so quickly..... followed by me legging it out the store before anyone changed their mind!

Cool! How is it? I will be at game stop tomorrow before work.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Reviews = almost unanimous critical acclaim

One review I read said the open-world makes Skyrim look like a corridor lol

I'm downloading tomorrow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.