Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjcltd

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
Hi all
Now that I have my Mac Pro up and running.
I was wondering if I could get a nice new case for it
The one it's in is a bit beat up and I would like to make it look like new
Any one one this?
I'm in the uk so if any one know of where the best place to get parts from
Please post a link
Thanks again for all your help

Ps. I'm loving my Mac Pro

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Have a look at Scrumpymacs.co.uk, they're a huge reseller for apple equipment. Fire them an email and they'll be able to check for you.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Got a very fast response back
£300 for a new case :eek: from :apple:
I need to find it cheaper than that

There's always Ebay, but since you want it without looking too banged up it might be quite the search.

I just recently my Mac Pro from them and besides a thin scratch near the Apple logo, and thin scuff near a top handle it's in amazing condition.

gobsmacked

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Got a very fast response back
£300 for a new case :eek: from :apple:
I need to find it cheaper than that

I'm in Canada and just had my case replaced by an Apple Authorized Repair.
They charged me $135 (just over £82) for the case and $90 for one hours labour to do the transfer and then run diagnostics to make sure all was ok.
Given the price disparity I would check other Apple dealers if I was you.

Your other option might be to get the case from a North American dealer. Even at the outrageous amount you'd be charged for shipping I doubt it would be anywhere near £220.

pjcltd

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
I'm in Canada and just had my case replaced by an Apple Authorized Repair.
They charged me $135 (just over £82) for the case and $90 for one hours labour to do the transfer and then run diagnostics to make sure all was ok.
Given the price disparity I would check other Apple dealers if I was you.

Your other option might be to get the case from a North American dealer. Even at the outrageous amount you'd be charged for shipping I doubt it would be anywhere near £220.

ok cool
I have found one on ebay.com
total inc shipping £202 and im sure I will get hit a bit for import duty

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Hi all
Now that I have my Mac Pro up and running.
I was wondering if I could get a nice new case for it
The one it's in is a bit beat up and I would like to make it look like new
Any one one this?
I'm in the uk so if any one know of where the best place to get parts from
Please post a link
Thanks again for all your help

Ps. I'm loving my Mac Pro

I would hang tight, till after the introduction of the new MacPros. With people trading up, more cases may become available, as some MPs will be sold for parts, increasing supply for the 'used' market, and thus lowering prices.

digitalgum

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
Have a look at Scrumpymacs.co.uk, they're a huge reseller for apple equipment. Fire them an email and they'll be able to check for you.

I wouldn't bother, they are not Apple authorised and where they get their macs from is very questionable.

Last year I called around a few registered Apple service centres for a price on for a 2010 case and they were £160 new!

If you really need one I have one as did as you and purchased but haven't bothered to do the swap.

pjcltd

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
I wouldn't bother, they are not Apple authorised and where they get their macs from is very questionable.

Last year I called around a few registered Apple service centres for a price on for a 2010 case and they were £160 new!

If you really need one I have one as did as you and purchased but haven't bothered to do the swap.

hi
how much ?
I can cancel the order

pjcltd

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
Well my new case arrived today
and i have just finished moving all the parts from my old macp pro case that was very screeched etc
to a brand new mac pro case with all new fans throughout
its a lot quieter.

I got the case from ebay (USA)
well worth the £200 inc shipping

pjcltd

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Telford Shropshire
That's great, 33% cheaper and you probably got it almost as fast as buying local.
About how long did it take you to do the changeover? And where would you rate yourself on the total klutz to "Trust me. I'm a professional" scale?
Hi it only took me 30 mins in total.
as far as rating i have built a few pc's /Server' etc over the years
this was the easiest one of all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.