Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
I'm looking into starting a small import/export business and I'm wondering what the best apps for the mac for keeping track of this kind of business would be?

iBueno

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Hm, it all depends on what kind of business people use their Mac's for, I suppose.

A few apps that I personally couldn't live without for my business are; Coda, Daylite, Fantastical, pwSafe, Sublime Text and Transmit.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
are there any specific tasks or issues in this venture you are looking for apps for?

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Basically monitoring stock, managing invoices and also tallying up turnover, costs and profits etc.

assumed as much.

i see you list europe as your location. do you know what softwares fulfill the official requirements? the tax codes and income tax and things like that can vary so much between countries

for instance where i am sales and accounting softwares have to be approved by the authorities and of course from my experience accountants and bookkeepers often play a big role in what software is chosen.

i have over 6 year experience in import and wholesale of among others healthcare products and the software used there everything from import to sales was called navision but that is probably way too much and expensive.

Last edited:

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
assumed as much.

i see you list europe as your location. do you know what softwares fulfill the official requirements? the tax codes and income tax and things like that can vary so much between countries

for instance where i am sales and accounting softwares have to be approved by the authorities and of course from my experience accountants and bookkeepers often play a big role in what software is chosen.

i have over 6 year experience in import and wholesale of among others healthcare products and the software used there everything from import to sales was called navision but that is probably way too much and expensive.

Yeah I was hoping there would be a nice, easy to use app for small cottage businesses etc. I'm going to be operating in the UK only.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Yeah I was hoping there would be a nice, easy to use app for small cottage businesses etc. I'm going to be operating in the UK only.

i think xero (online solution that you can buy/subscribe extra modules for) is suitable for the uk.

sportsnapper

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
UK
Talk to your accountant - they often have a preferred package, and using the same one as them usually makes life easier as they can see all your data easily.

I run a small business, and use quickbooks - but its a PC program so I have to run it under parallels. I have three of four programs I still have to run under windows and use parallels for them, everything else is native Mac (photo tools mostly)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.