Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Sep 14, 2013, 11:13 PM   #1
chonkey
macrumors newbie

Boot Camp: Win7 Install No Device Drivers Found

Hello. Tried searching, but unable to find a working solution.

I used Boot Camp Assistant to create a bootable Win7 install on usb #1. Used same utility to install Win support drivers on usb #2. Final step of the Boot Camp Assistant made a Windows partition and rebooted into the Windows install.

Where the issue begins: When the Win7 install process starts, I get an error stating no device drivers found. It allows me to browse/rescan the Mac SSD and both usb drives, but it cannot locate/recognize the drivers.

I've tried placing the device driver files on the Mac SSD itself, but still unrecognizable.

Anyone able to get past this?

Thanks in advance!
chonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:19 AM   #2
ItHurtsWhenIP
macrumors 6502

I checked all 3 boxes and used a single usb stick to install Win 8 and it worked like a charm.
ItHurtsWhenIP is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:00 PM   #3
chonkey
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I tried the install w/ all three boxes checked using one USB for Win7, but no luck. Trying again, but w/ Win8.
chonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air