Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
As soon as I installed 10.8.5 on my late 2012 iMac I noticed that it was very slow and unresponsive to wake from sleep.

The update was originally installed through software update, but I have tried installing the combo update, resetting NVRAM and repairing permissions, all to no avail.

Anyone else?

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
I also have the same experience. Late 2012 iMac. Very slow to turn on the display from sleep and very slow to log-in...beach balls every sign in

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
As soon as I installed 10.8.5 on my late 2012 iMac I noticed that it was very slow and unresponsive to wake from sleep.

The update was originally installed through software update, but I have tried installing the combo update, resetting NVRAM and repairing permissions, all to no avail.

Anyone else?

You're not alone. It is slow on my late 2012 iMac as well (with Fusion drive, GTX680MX, etc). See this post and this post.

If I wake the computer and try to immediately log in it has a hissy fit. The only workaround I know of is to be patient and wait 10 or so seconds. I basically just wait until I get a blinking cursor in the password dialog box after waking the machine.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Same with me also.
Noticed in Mac Hd > Library > Preferences > systemconfiguration
theres an autowake plist, could deleting that do any harm?

1251division

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2012
I’m having the same issue: slow to wake after the recent OS X 10.8.5 update. I have a wired mouse, and a trackpad. Often the trackpad won’t even respond for quite some time after the cursor is found with the mouse, about another 10-seconds after the initial 10-seconds. This behavior is making the computer feel like a 2008 model.

I'm wondering if I should restore from a TimeMachine backup?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.