Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggonzaga07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
I have always been a guy that goes out buying the latest piece of tech as soon as possible. Well, I used to own a 16GB iPhone 5 since September 2012, and on April 2013, the Galaxy S4 came out. I do love the "smart" functions, like those crazy gestures and the video pausing, but it turns out those gestures are never used, the battery is easily drained with them on and we just turn out using the common method. Also, I wanted to test the Android UI, which glowed on my mind the ability of having widgets on the home screen! But, they weren't as useful as I thought. The thing is I am not using the Galaxy's capability to its max. With the iPhone 5S and 5C out, I think it is a lot simpler, but it also drags me into the right path of social interacting (I only own Macs, and it is a pain in the ass to keep downloading Kies, the Galaxy iTunes, when I have iTunes there, syncing all my apps to the cloud. The thing is, I have the Galaxy since June and I really want to buy the iPhone 5S or 5C. I have to get it unlocked, because I live in Brazil, and since I am buying it in the US (because things of this gender are so much cheaper there) I need it unlocked (if you guys know how to unlock the phone without having to buy it factory unlocked, suggestions are welcome - my iPhone 5 was bought unlocked, but before the "factory unlocked" one came out, so if you guys know how to unlock it internationally without having it factory unlocked, it'd be great). I saw in the Best Buy Trade In Program they offer about $345 for a gently used factory unlocked Galaxy S4 like mine. Does this program work well? Comments are welcome.

I plan to buy the iPhone by mid-November or December/January, when my Galaxy is about 6 to 7 months old.

My main question is, is it too soon to trade in a 6 month Galaxy for a brand new iPhone 5S/C?

Thanks, and please don't call be an idiot for getting a Galaxy. It's actually really great. I know this forum is biased on Apple products.

Thanks in advance

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
the good thing with the iphone is resell value. If you plan on buying the 6, then it really makes sense to have a current iphone, preferably the 5s, to make a dent in that price.

ggonzaga07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
the good thing with the iphone is resell value. If you plan on buying the 6, then it really makes sense to have a current iphone, preferably the 5s, to make a dent in that price.

I got an unlocked 5s [16GB], if I get a carrier-locked iPhone 6 [16GB] how much would my iPhone 5s be worth, considering it would be in near-perfect or perfect condition?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.