Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spamurai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
England
I'm currently deleting many social networks and message apps (cleaning up my phone).

I was wondering, regarding Whatsapp, that when you "clear all conversations" or "delete photos" when in "show all media" etc, if they are deleted off the Whatsapp servers and all devices, or are they only deleted off your own device?

I'm terrible at describing so here's an example:
If I delete/clear all conversations as well as viewing all media and deleting/clearing all photos and/or videos, are they only deleted off my device, or all devices they've been sent too?

Couldn't find any answers on their site.
Thanks guys and girls :)

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure that if you delete a picture from a conversation you're in, it'll only be removed on your phone, it'll still appear on everyone else's.

spamurai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
England
I'm pretty sure that if you delete a picture from a conversation you're in, it'll only be removed on your phone, it'll still appear on everyone else's.

Ah ok, thanks for the confirmation.

It's just because I saw a post that said but clearing the conversation/media, it removes it from Whatsapp servers, in turn, other devices when they next refresh/log-in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.