Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
California
Hi -

Does anyone have any suggestions for a single app to keep track of areas of responsibility, projects, notes, to dos, related files, etc.?

I checked out Things and Omnifocus, but they're more focused only on the to do portion. And this isn't really "project management" like Gantt charts and all that.

A single app that combines areas, projects, related to dos and sub to dos, related files (as links), related notes (such as meeting notes), maybe related people, etc. would be great.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I know that the Omni Group sells apps for project management and planning. Omnifocus is project management though, but doesn't have those chart things. However, it does have a Forecast mode where you can see calendar events alongside your projects/tasks. This is only on the iOS devices; it'll arrive in OF2 on Mac soon.

I don't know any all-in-one solution.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
Hi -

Does anyone have any suggestions for a single app to keep track of areas of responsibility, projects, notes, to dos, related files, etc.?

A single app that combines areas, projects, related to dos and sub to dos, related files (as links), related notes (such as meeting notes), maybe related people, etc. would be great.

This is the area of "project management" software such as the popular Microsoft Project on windows. On Mac, similar apps are: OmniPlan ($200), xPlan ($70), Merlin ($200). Check out the trial versions to see if they do precisely what you need.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
California
Thanks for the responses. Actually, project planning and scheduling is the one area I don't really need.

I'm surprised there aren't readily available solutions for, basically, keeping track of everything.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the responses. Actually, project planning and scheduling is the one area I don't really need.

I'm surprised there aren't readily available solutions for, basically, keeping track of everything.

If you don't need gantt charts, then check out Zengobi Curio. It has some manage-your-projects features.

ozengo

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2011
Melbourne
keeping track of project information

Sounds like Pagico may be of interest to you. Apart from tasks it lets you store project documentation (in an incredibly wide range of file formats), notes and contacts. It is very easy to cross-link information and you can share your 'workspaces' with members of your project team. It provides email, calendar and Evernote integration. Check out my blog post for more detail: http://purplezengoat.com/2012/11/21/pagicos-productivity-platform/

cheers

ozengo

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Couldn't you cram it all into evernote somehow?
That'd have the advantage of being about as cross-platform as it's possible to get, too.

exegete77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Try Tinderbox; it has the power and ability to grow with the projects and has more with links, etc. And agents can add great power to to-do, find, etc.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
Is there a good "big picture" guide to Tinderbox? Its got features of both freeform mindmaps and databases, but I couldn't figure out how/why it was better than either/both.

Try Tinderbox; it has the power and ability to grow with the projects and has more with links, etc. And agents can add great power to to-do, find, etc.

gabijab

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Hi

i suggest you take a look on Eylean board. This tool is very easy to use provides you with great metrics. Of course it's not free but at least you can give it a try and download trial version on page eylean.com. Moreover they have free of charge version for personal use. So try it and you will see you like it or not :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.