Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
AT&T iPhone 4 on 6.1.3, windows 7.

I'm no stranger to jailbreaking, but i've never ran into this problem and i'm a little clueless. I'm trying to run the tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 but redsn0w keeps getting stuck at waiting on reboot and my screen is lit up, but it's blank, and the jailbreak process never finishes.

I've tried rebooting my phone, rebooting my laptop, I've made sure that i'm selecting the correct 6.0 ipsw for my phone (iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw), no anti virus software running on my laptop, and i've tried restoring my phone.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Try this
1. First off with windows 7 right click the redsn0w application
2. go to properties
3. click the compatibility tab and use “Windows XP (Service Pack 2) then click the “run as administrator” box under privilege level.
4. apply the new settings

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Try this
1. First off with windows 7 right click the redsn0w application
2. go to properties
3. click the compatibility tab and use “Windows XP (Service Pack 2) then click the “run as administrator” box under privilege level.
4. apply the new settings

Just tried it and no dice :/

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Have you been using the same computer to boot all this time? Have you done something new to the computer lately? (reinstall the OS for example). Have you tried a different computer?

I've been using the same computer, don't have access to another computer. Nothing new in quite a while (Hell, i haven't really turned it on in the last 3 months). I've tried all 4 usb ports, Only have one usb cable at the moment (OEM that came with my iphone when I bought it a couple of weeks ago)

I'm to the point of being frustrated now. lol. I may just wait for ios 7 to drop and wait for a tethered/untethered jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.