Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rolosean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
Does anyone have any idea/insight as to whether current iPhone 5 screen protectors will work with the 5s in light of the new metallic ring around the fingerprint sensor?

shleif

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
According to BodyGuardz, their screen protectors support both the 5 and the 5S. I think that should hold true with all screen protectors.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
From everything I have read the home button on the 5s are the same size (10.6 mm including the metal surrounding ring) as the 5 so all screen protectors won't be a problem. If Spigen is claiming that it will fit then I believe it. They're not gonna lose money and customers by stating it will fit the 5S if it wouldn't.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
From everything I have read the home button on the 5s are the same size (10.6 mm including the metal surrounding ring) as the 5 so all screen protectors won't be a problem. If Spigen is claiming that it will fit then I believe it. They're not gonna lose money and customers by stating it will fit the 5S if it wouldn't.

Does that mean that the home button surface area is smaller then? It could be since the sapphire is prob more expensive. Otherwise cant see how current screen protectors fit.

Chuchichan

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2010
Maryland

What about a rear screen protector? With the change in flash, I would think these would be different?

Dtown213

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I know many people here tend to use the Bodyguardz Pure, but I have also read some good things about the Armorz Stealth Extreme R, so I decided to e-mail them since their website has yet to offer something for the iPhone 5s/5c. I got a reply that they have tested the current model with the iPhone 5s and it works just fine. The rep also mentioned that if there were any concerns about the thickness they are preparing to launch a .2 mm glass protector in about 2 weeks.

Just thought I'd share the info I have received.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.