Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Let me tell you something. If you Do Not update to iOS 7:

- You will not be able to use any game controllers that are going to be released in coming months that use the new game controller API's that were added in iOS 7. (You don't play games? Ok, fair enough)

- You will not be able to take advantage of the new Omnibar or tabs interface in Safari. (what's that you say? you use Chrome? great...I guess you like slower browsers that can't use the nitro engine).

- You will not be able to take advantage of iTunes radio.

- You will not be able to take advantage of the edge swiping gesture to go "back" and "forward" in apps that become updated for iOS 7.

- You will not be able to take advantage of the new camera app features such as the popular filters and swiping between the different camera interfaces.

- You will not able to take advantage of the background refresh which will learn what apps you use and when so it is always updated when you open it.

- You will not able to take advantage of the newer more polished Siri

Now, tell me again how you are willing to lose all the functionality/features above because you don't like the colors and icons??

This is getting ridiculous.

"I don't want the new <insert car make and model>. It has blind spot mirror warning...I like to manually check my blind spot myself"

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009

- You will not be able to use any game controllers that are going to be released in coming months that use the new game controller API's that were added in iOS 7. (You don't play games? Ok, fair enough)

- You will not be able to take advantage of the new Omnibar or tabs interface in Safari. (what's that you say? you use Chrome? great...I guess you like slower browsers that can't use the nitro engine).

- You will not be able to take advantage of the edge swiping gesture to go "back" and "forward" in apps that become updated for iOS 7.

- You will not be able to take advantage of the new camera app features such as the popular filters and swiping between the different camera interfaces.

- You will not able to take advantage of the background refresh which will learn what apps you use and when so it is always updated when you open it.

Now, tell me again how you are willing to lose all the functionality/features above because you don't like the colors and icons??

"I don't want the new <insert car make and model>. It has blind spot mirror warning...I like to manually check my blind spot myself"

Oooops, you were doing so well until this bit.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

The problem isn't just that I don't like the colors/icons, it's that iOS 7 in general is a lot harder for me to use. I won't detail the reasons here, I've posted them many times in other threads in this forum. Yes, I'm aware of all the features you listed and more that I'm missing out on by not upgrading. But for now, none of the features are worth the very literal headache I get from all the problems in the iOS 7 visual interface.

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
The problem isn't just that I don't like the colors/icons, it's that iOS 7 in general is a lot harder for me to use. I won't detail the reasons here, I've posted them many times in other threads in this forum. Yes, I'm aware of all the features you listed and more that I'm missing out on by not upgrading. But for now, none of the features are worth the very literal headache I get from all the problems in the iOS 7 visual interface.

I don't think this applies to you. If the new interface is causing you headaches I wouldn't update either. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I don't think this applies to you. If the new interface is causing you headaches I wouldn't update either. :)

Thanks for understanding!

Although, you know what? If people think having colors/icons they like are worth more to them than all the new iOS 7 features, then that's their right to make that decision. I do hope they are making an informed decision, and I do see how the way some people express themselves over this could get annoying.

It was interesting to see the features of iOS 7 listed like this, so thanks for that.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I dont like it either, am i allowed to say it or will I be hounded out for not following fanboy policy?

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
The dissidents are educated enough to realize the features they'll be missing, don't waste your breath. And as for your second point, please stop spreading that fallacy around. I guarantee you'll never tell the difference between Chrome and Safari performance.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
The dissidents are educated enough to realize the features they'll be missing, don't waste your breath. And as for your second point, please stop spreading that fallacy around. I guarantee you'll never tell the difference between Chrome and Safari performance.

The OP is educated enough to know that dissidents are educated enough to know what features they will miss out on. He is more annoyed with the vast amount of whining threads about iOS 7.... That is his point.....

So stop wasting your breath, and let one positive thread about iOS7 blossom...

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston

This actually just made me realize how lame iOS 7 really is. And Safari can suck it. Chrome FTW!!

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom

This thread is great. I commend you for being so brave!
I always think about those points when I read one of the mentioned threads people post.

CaptainFS

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
With iOS7 i will NOT be able to logon our intranet site.

I will NOT be able to check internal mails.

This due to a serious NTLM/Kerberos authentication bug in iOS7.

age234

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2004

I don't.

You will not be able to take advantage of the new Omnibar or tabs interface in Safari. (what's that you say? you use Chrome? great...I guess you like slower browsers that can't use the nitro engine).

I don't like the Omnibar. Chrome has something like it, and I'd rather have separate search and address bars. Speed has been no issue for me.

You will not be able to take advantage of iTunes radio.

I don't listen to streaming radio. I hardly listen to music at all.

You will not be able to take advantage of the edge swiping gesture to go "back" and "forward" in apps that become updated for iOS 7.

I don't see what is so great about this. Chrome has swiping to switch between tabs, and some mobile websites have swiping to move back and forward, and I hate it in both instances.

You will not be able to take advantage of the new camera app features such as the popular filters and swiping between the different camera interfaces.

And nothing of value was lost. Also:

>using filters
>2013

You will not able to take advantage of the background refresh which will learn what apps you use and when so it is always updated when you open it.

The lack of this feature has never been apparent to me.

You will not able to take advantage of the newer more polished Siri

The only thing I use Siri for is placing calls when I'm driving.

What, you don't? Remind me never to drive around you.

I also still physically turn my head when reversing cars that have rear-view cameras. Guess I'm just some kind of luddite.

I'm still upgrading to iOS 7, and my responses to your "arguments" are truthful. But your arguments really aren't that persuasive.

Last edited:

Eitel

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
You forgot the most important...

"You don't want to upgrade to iOS 7?? Then don't!! Why should we care??? :rolleyes:

:D

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
You forgot the most important...

"You don't want to upgrade to iOS 7?? Then don't!! Why should we care??? :rolleyes:

:D

Yes why should I care one way or the other? It's almost like people need validation or affirmation for things they do. You don't like iOS 7, don't upgrade. You like it, then upgrade. Pretty simple.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
I don't.

I don't like the Omnibar. Chrome has something like it, and I'd rather have separate search and address bars. Speed has been no issue for me.

I don't listen to streaming radio. I hardly listen to music at all.

I don't see what is so great about this. Chrome has swiping to switch between tabs, and some mobile websites have swiping to move back and forward, and I hate it in both instances.

And nothing of value was lost. Also:

>using filters
>2013

The lack of this feature has never been apparent to me.

The only thing I use Siri for is placing calls when I'm driving.

What, you don't? Remind me never to drive around you.

I also still physically turn my head when reversing cars that have rear-view cameras. Guess I'm just some kind of luddite.

I'm still upgrading to iOS 7, and my responses to your "arguments" are truthful. But your arguments really aren't that persuasive.

Sir it seems that you would also be more then happy with an old Nokia, a typewriter, an old Dell PC, a tuner radio with an old Cadillac....

Welcome to iOS 7, whenever you are ready....

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I dont like it either, am i allowed to say it or will I be hounded out for not following fanboy policy?

You don't like it? That's perfectly fine. Do you go creating a thread announcing to the world that you are not going to upgrade? Probably not.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
The OP is educated enough to know that dissidents are educated enough to know what features they will miss out on. He is more annoyed with the vast amount of whining threads about iOS 7.... That is his point.....

So stop wasting your breath, and let one positive thread about iOS7 blossom...

This forum doesn't need to become an Apple temple, there's nothing wrong with some criticism, as repetitive/redundant as it might seem.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
This forum doesn't need to become an Apple temple, there's nothing wrong with some criticism, as repetitive/redundant as it might seem.

I don't think it has looked in any danger of becoming an Apple temple in the past three or four YEARS, frankly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.