Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPhone 5c silicone cases have begun arriving to pre-order customers according to MacRumors tipsters. iLounge has also received its review unit.

iphone5ccase.jpg

From iLounge
:
The silicone rubber case is lined with microfiber on the inside, and includes Sleep/Wake and volume button protection. It's quite light, with the empty space left by a 5 x 7 grid of 5/16" holes helping to keep the weight down, while also oddly exposing only portions of the iPhone 5c's rear labeling.
Though many of the iPhone 5c models are still available for delivery on Friday, iPhone 5c cases show a shipping lead time of 1-2 weeks on the U.S. Apple Online Store.

Thanks Joe!

Article Link: iPhone 5c Cases Begin Arriving to Pre-Order Customers

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
My shipping mail said the cases would come on Thursday but this morning the tracking said on the truck. Arrived mid-afternoon!

Update: as requested -- the cases are black, and yellow. The phone is green.

And more: the case has a microfiber lining. The construction is meticulous, i.e, no little bits of the lining or backing showing around the edges of the holes in the thing. Don't think it's a $2 part, actually. but yes the margin will be substantial.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Wow that was some review. Took me ages to read it all. We need more in depth front page news like this. :D

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
So these people ordered these cases last Friday ; it only took 2 business days to deliver . That means if we pre order at midnight on Friday there's a possibility we might get those iphone 5s's on Monday perhaps !?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
My shipping mail said the cases would come on Thursday but this morning the tracking said on the truck. Arrived mid-afternoon!

Update: as requested -- the cases are black, and yellow. The phone is green.

You cannot talk about this sort of thing without pics :D

I guess you _could_ wait till you get your phone. Sounds like a fun color combo.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I don't particularly care for the 5C case. The silicone is a lint magnet.
But I do however like the 5S leather ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.