Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junit18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
I've been ripping my movie collection for the past 1-2 years, so I can watch my DVD's on my apple tv. I've never had any problems with Handbrake. However, every movie I try to rip has scrambled video. I'm not seeing any errors. I look in the window activity, no errors. I have no idea what is causing the scrambled video or how to fix it and it's driving me crazy! I've tried reinstalling handbrake, no success, same look. I've tried various DVD's, same problem. Would greatly appreciate any help. Here's a screen shot of what the movies look like:
00000006.png

Thanks in advance! :eek:

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
I'm having the same problem! I've used Handbrake for years, burning my own DVDs to watch on portable devices and now this is all I get.

It must be something to do w/ the updates to HB or VLC. How can this problem be fixed?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
VLC no longer provides the decryption libraries need to decrypt dvds. Go to the Handbrake forum, search, and you will find links to the libraries that can be manually downloaded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.