Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has seeded the eighth Developer Preview of OS X Mavericks to developers, nearly two weeks after the release of the seventh Developer Preview. Registered developers can receive the update via the Software Update tool in the Mac App Store.

mavericks.jpg
OS X Mavericks, which is expected to be released this fall, includes multiple new features like a tabbed Finder, full screen dual monitor capabilities, Safari improvements, and a new Maps app.

Apple is reportedly targeting a late October launch for OS X Mavericks.

Update: As noted by 9to5Mac, Developer Preview 8 includes an updated version of iTunes 11.1 that adds an option to turn off song change notifications.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 8

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
549 MB update thru the App store. :)

No seed notes in the dev. center.... yet [ as of 5:23 pm Mountain Time ]

Build : (13A584)

Notes and Known Issues

Installation

- Network migration from earlier versions of OS X requires the Migration Update for Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion, available from the Mac Dev Center.
- Migration from Windows requires Windows Migration Assistant 1.0.3.4, available from the Mac Dev Center.

Other

- Moving a full-screen Aperture window to a secondary display may prevent the app window from being visible in subsequent attempts to use full screen.
- In Full Screen in Aperture, some menus and thumbnails aren’t immediately available until interacted with by the user.
- When in Full Screen in Aperture, the toolbar at the top of the window may not be usable until it is locked.
- Purchased music may not show cover art in Preview. To resolve, run the following command in Terminal: qlmanage -r cache

Last edited:

b0fh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Hopefully my Mail crashes and freezes have been fixed...drives me nuts to have to force quit almost every hour.

I don't, but Mail have to be restarted every now and then - it just doesn't update after a while.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Added more 27" Retina wallpapers .... interesting...

So a Retina iMac:apple: or a Retina TB Display is on the way...

Pardon the question, but how can a wallpaper be 27"....?

I guess you meant the resolution is double of 2560x1440, which with apple mean a 27" monitor? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.