Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psun786

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
I am currently in contract with AT&T but without a working phone. So, its logical to spend a few hours waiting in line instead of ordering online and wait for days or weeks for it to arrive. Now, how early do you guys think I should be there (Southern California Apple Store)? 3am or 5am?

Btw, the model that I am interested is champagne 64gb with either T-mobile or Verizon. It is my understanding that both these models are unlocked and can be used with AT&T. Also, does anyone know if I could purchase the Verizon version without signing up a contract?

Many thanks in advance!

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Hope your camping out now. Lol

Just kidding but really depends on many factors. 64gb could be easy to get on one hand as many don't usually buy that big but on the other hand my bet fewer are made. Other factors are some answers no one has like are most people going to do it on line or go wait in line. With no pre orders we have no idea how popular these are or not. Tough call . I'm going to AT&T at 4 am if it was a Apple store than maybe 3 am

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I spoke to one of my friends who works at a store here in Miami, who did the iPhone launch last year.

I asked if 3 am would be an appropriate time, and he gave me a look and said to come earlier if I could :eek: So I guess I'll be out there from 12-1 am tbh.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I am currently in contract with AT&T but without a working phone. So, its logical to spend a few hours waiting in line instead of ordering online and wait for days or weeks for it to arrive. Now, how early do you guys think I should be there (Southern California Apple Store)? 3am or 5am?

Btw, the model that I am interested is champagne 64gb with either T-mobile or Verizon. It is my understanding that both these models are unlocked and can be used with AT&T. Also, does anyone know if I could purchase the Verizon version without signing up a contract?

Many thanks in advance!

I don't know where in So-Cal you are, but I would suggest going to the largest Apple store you can. The Fashion Island Newport Beach store is the biggest one I know of and they get huge shipments of devices on release day. I've seen hundreds of people line up and still all get iDevices. I would think that 5AM should be fine, or if you want to go nuts and just have a few in line ahead of you, go at 3.

----------

Many thanks in advance!

I don't know where in So-Cal you are, but I would suggest going to the largest Apple store you can. The Fashion Island Newport Beach store is the biggest one I know of and they get huge shipments of phones for release day. I've seen hundreds of people line up and still all get iDevices. I would think that 5AM should be fine, or if you want to go nuts and just have a few in line ahead of you, go at 3.

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA

Many thanks in advance!

I don't know where in So-Cal you are, but I would suggest going to the largest Apple store you can. The Fashion Island Newport Beach store is the biggest one I know of and they get huge shipments of phones for release day. I've seen hundreds of people line up and still all get iDevices. I would think that 5AM should be fine, or if you want to go nuts and just have a few in line ahead of you, go at 3. :p

ladeer

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Hope your camping out now. Lol

Just kidding but really depends on many factors. 64gb could be easy to get on one hand as many don't usually buy that big but on the other hand my bet fewer are made. Other factors are some answers no one has like are most people going to do it on line or go wait in line. With no pre orders we have no idea how popular these are or not. Tough call . I'm going to AT&T at 4 am if it was a Apple store than maybe 3 am

You either show up at 7pm or 6am because very very very few people go between 10pm and 6am. It's either you camp overnight or you don't, so don't bother going at 3 or 5am you will only beat like 5 people in line.

(I once waited at valley fair at 10pm and noticed this trend over night)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.