Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 5C: Black or White Face

• Black Face

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • White Face

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Personally, I think colorful things look better against a black background. Others like white. Vote!

Attachments

• iPhone 5C.png
    iPhone 5C.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 542

ratigator

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Michigan, USA
Personally, I think the black face looks horrible with the colored backs. Maybe it just reminds me too much of the 2nd gen iPod Touch I had with a colored plastic shell case. There was a fake leaked image of the 5C a while back that had a white face, and I thought it was actually kind of nice looking.

terzinator

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
It seems, really, that all they're doing is putting a plastic back on what essentially is the regular iPhone 5. Or is there ANYTHING different in the internals?

If it's just a wolf in sheep's clothing, why do you suppose there's no white 5C? Are they just trying to simplify the supply chain? (Because a white 5C would double the SKU's, and I suppose more SKU's = more headaches.)

But I agree with many out there... the colors would look MUCH better with a white front.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Thanks for that - that image has helped me decide what 5s I want.. as I much prefer the screen appearance with the black surround, rather than white!

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for that - that image has helped me decide what 5s I want.. as I much prefer the screen appearance with the black surround, rather than white!

Black border to photos and videos appear better to the human eye. (Hence TVs and monitors being black)

For messaging and stuff, it's a toss up.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
It seems, really, that all they're doing is putting a plastic back on what essentially is the regular iPhone 5. Or is there ANYTHING different in the internals?

Better LTE band support, improved front camera and higher capacity battery.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
In my opinion, some colours look better with a white face and some with black. I think the coral and blue should have had the white face at least.

The black face on the white phone might seem an odd choice, but I think that it was necessary to stop it not really feeling like a colour choice, as white all over was done with the 4, 4S and I believe the 3G and the 3GS also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.