Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdmdelsol97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
I have a Black MacBook and have been able in the past to log on to my wifi with my MacBook. All of a sudden the MacBook can not connect with it. My Mac mini works ok with the router and they're both in the same spot. I know the airport card works, because I can connect to any other wifi spot, but my home one. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? The genius at apple checked the MacBook through and through and said everything was fine. Comcast was of no help, they said it was the computer. Should I buy a linksys or airport express router?

madmacfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
London, United Kingdom
I have a Black MacBook and have been able in the past to log on to my wifi with my MacBook. All of a sudden the MacBook can not connect with it. My Mac mini works ok with the router and they're both in the same spot. I know the airport card works, because I can connect to any other wifi spot, but my home one. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? The genius at apple checked the MacBook through and through and said everything was fine. Comcast was of no help, they said it was the computer. Should I buy a linksys or airport express router?

Hi, Does your macbook connect to the network, but can't get an internet connection. Try disabling the comcast routers firewall. If theres a password on your wifi network, leave it enabled. you can do this through the routers settings via your web browser. the routers ip to access the settings along with the login information can be found on the back or the base of your router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.