Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rodwellp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I plan on ordering the 5S directly through AT&T's website due to a company discount. Does anyone have any insight from past launches as to whether the carrier websites open their pre-orders at 12:01 PST as soon as Apple does?

Been an iPhone user for years - finally decided to join this forum!

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
I plan on ordering the 5S directly through AT&T's website due to a company discount. Does anyone have any insight from past launches as to whether the carrier websites open their pre-orders at 12:01 PST as soon as Apple does?

I have ordered from the AT&T online store in the past and it has always opened at the same time.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Not that you asked, but i was on the phone w/ AT&T this morning and asked if they offered in-store pickup for online orders and she said no (which is what I expected but I figured I'd give it a shot). :rolleyes:

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase

Company discount on the device or the plans?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Don't know about AT&T, but Verizon states on their website that online sales begin at 1201 PDT and store sales at 8 am.

rodwellp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Company discount on the device or the plans?

Just the plans - wish it was on the phone as well!

----------

Thanks all for the insight - hopefully the stock will be as plentiful as the 5c..

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Just the plans - wish it was on the phone as well!

----------

Thanks all for the insight - hopefully the stock will be as plentiful as the 5c..

The discounts show up on the apple site for me. It just says keep current plan actually.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The discounts show up on the apple site for me. It just says keep current plan actually.

Yes, if you're just ordering an upgrade and don't get an equipment discount no need to go through AT&T. You keep the same plan and keep the discounts. If it's a new plan, still order from Apple and then go to AT&T to establish the discount on the plan.

Note for AT&T: if you're on a company discount you probably end up at the AT&T Premier site not the regular AT&T ordering site. Premier has sometimes been a little different than the AT&T site in terms of ordering and shipping. Just mentioning this so folks new to this are prepared to see others reporting different experiences if they ordered from the regular site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.