Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Lookin for feedback on my new lead capture tool. Its a simple way to increase opt ins, even if you already use opt in forms or lead capture.

Checkout the demo TunaHack.com

Let me know what you guys think!

Rob
rob[at]tunahack.com

:D:apple:

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Sooo...any special offers for MR members? :D

Definitely, I will personally call you when you need help with something. :)

Also, this is pre launch and it's limited to 35 peeps. MacRumors is getting the first stab. Price is lowest it will ever be.

P.S. I'm open to other suggestions.

Last edited:

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Ok, that is cool.

I've just put in on Yammer at work, hopefully you'll get a few bites from there.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Definitely, I will personally call you when you need help with something. :)

Also, this is pre launch and it's limited to 35 peeps. MacRumors is getting the first stab. Price is lowest it will ever be.

P.S. I'm open to other suggestions.

To be honest I didn't realize it was a subscription. It's a very nice tool but I honestly have a couple WordPress plugins that do this already. If you had a WordPress plugin and the code was very clean I would consider it though.

Regardless, good luck with it;)

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
It's functional and very professional looking. I could see this LOVED by many marketing teams, but loathed by the other 99.99987% of the population.

I personally hate the disruption in my flow when I have a site throw a popup (or modal overlay, in this case) at me. All you need now is some flashing text and music that starts and it would completely fill my annoyance bubble.

The work looks great, I just don't like it's functionality. I see it as more of a, "Sorry to see you didn't like what we have to offer, would you mind staying a bit longer to give us personal information so that we can send you stuff you don't want."

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Ok, that is cool.

I've just put in on Yammer at work, hopefully you'll get a few bites from there.

Thanks man! Or girl :)

To be honest I didn't realize it was a subscription. It's a very nice tool but I honestly have a couple WordPress plugins that do this already. If you had a WordPress plugin and the code was very clean I would consider it though.

Regardless, good luck with it;)

Thanks for the feedback!

It's functional and very professional looking. I could see this LOVED by many marketing teams, but loathed by the other 99.99987% of the population.

I personally hate the disruption in my flow when I have a site throw a popup (or modal overlay, in this case) at me. All you need now is some flashing text and music that starts and it would completely fill my annoyance bubble.

The work looks great, I just don't like it's functionality. I see it as more of a, "Sorry to see you didn't like what we have to offer, would you mind staying a bit longer to give us personal information so that we can send you stuff you don't want."

Love the comprehensive feedback! Thx a bunch.

I would offer a different perspective though. Lets say the incentive is a nice discount on something you almost purchased. Or might purchase later. I just see it as the perfect place to excite your customer one last time, and increase comversions. But no doubt it could be used poorly by bad businesses. But then again they don't last long.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
The technology involve here is common place, I inspected the code and it's based on jQuery to detect the "mouse leave" document trigger and other easily attainable methods to display the modal, process the form, etc.

To all, I ask you to think about something: The entire tone of this thread is making a precedent here on the forum which is disturbing to me, pardon me being so blunt. It feels more like a sales pitch and marketing than a means to share design, development for the web which is the purpose (and name) of this forum. Especially since the link, and the OP's comments, are all about subscriptions and money.

I don't intend to be a bummer or cut into another man's pocket, and I am not a moderator here. I am a long time user who feels this kind of post is less about tech. This is not a personal attack against the OP, I'm not asking it be removed nor am I saying anything negative about the actual product. I'm only referring to the context of this forum and wondering if this is where we want it to go in the future?

(Rhetorically asked, replies not expected nor desired, don't want to hijack the OP's thread entirely)

:)

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
The technology involve here is common place, I inspected the code and it's based on jQuery to detect the "mouse leave" document trigger and other easily attainable methods to display the modal, process the form, etc.

To all, I ask you to think about something: The entire tone of this thread is making a precedent here on the forum which is disturbing to me, pardon me being so blunt. It feels more like a sales pitch and marketing than a means to share design, development for the web which is the purpose (and name) of this forum. Especially since the link, and the OP's comments, are all about subscriptions and money.

I don't intend to be a bummer or cut into another man's pocket, and I am not a moderator here. I am a long time user who feels this kind of post is less about tech. This is not a personal attack against the OP, I'm not asking it be removed nor am I saying anything negative about the actual product. I'm only referring to the context of this forum and wondering if this is where we want it to go in the future?

(Rhetorically asked, replies not expected nor desired, don't want to hijack the OP's thread entirely)

:)

Totally a fair point! And the last thing I want to do is lower the integrity of this forum. Big fan and long time member as well. :) :apple:

And you're right, the technology isn't that innovative. But I still want feedback on the entire thing... concept, demo page, code, business model etc. and I value the collective knowledge on this forum.

PLEASE... no one feel obligated to buy anything! Just lookin for feedback.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Totally a fair point! And the last thing I want to do is lower the integrity of this forum. Big fan and long time member as well. :) :apple:

And you're right, the technology isn't that innovative. But I still want feedback on the entire thing... concept, demo page, code, business model etc. and I value the collective knowledge on this forum.

PLEASE... no one feel obligated to buy anything! Just lookin for feedback.

That was rhetorically asked by me, but I acknowledge and appreciate your followup. Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.