Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raviluke

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
For a few weeks now this is going on. When the battery is below 30% and I start playing Heavy graphic intensive games like need for speed most wanted or infinity blade, the phone suddenly shuts off. If I press power button to turn it back on, it just shows low battery sign but if I press and hold power and home button to force it on, it turns on and the battery still shows like 30% or maybe lower, but obviously not 0. There is power but it just shuts off.
If I'm not playing games, then the battery runs fine until below 20% and then I have screen wake issues. If I'm listening to songs, the songs are still playing through my headphones but the screen just doesn't wake up even after pressing the power button. I just have to force restart it by pressing home and power button.
All these issues begin below 30% battery.
Is it that the battery has reached end of life? My iPhone is still under warranty, can it be fixed for free? Will apple fix it or replace it?

EDIT: If it is the battery issue, what you guys think of 2680Mah battery on eBay? Is it quite bigger in capacity than OEM battery and I don't mind getting that and replacing it myself. I saw a YouTube video to replace battery and it doesn't seem difficult. I have all the tools!

foxmccleod

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
I have had this exact same issue three times now. It started last week and the phone will just randomly shut down. If I plug it even for even a second, it will fire up and be good to go again. This has happened between 30% and 45% remaining battery, sometimes just while texting.

EJenk25

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2013
Sometimes my I5 shuts down at like 10-11%....very frustrating especially when using my GPS or listening to music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.