Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Perhaps Apple never introduced this option in the past as to not compromise ease and simplicity with a password. But now with Touch ID it would be so simple and so exceptionally beneficial for some people. I for one, let many people use my phone for various random things but there are certain things I'd like to "revoke" access to while they're on my phone. Thoughts? :apple:

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
I would like to see Apple add in time restrictions to the phone like the computer except for apps you exclude.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well if you choose to use the finger sensor to make iTunes purchases then that will be a given. :)

Currently the passcode lock and parental restrictions serve different purposes. Same will be true for TouchID. I'm not sure if opening up access to TouchID data is a good thing from a security standpoint. I'm happy letting that system get hammered by security professionals and crackers trying to break the system before access to it is widened.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Currently the passcode lock and parental restrictions serve different purposes. Same will be true for TouchID. I'm not sure if opening up access to TouchID data is a good thing from a security standpoint. I'm happy letting that system get hammered by security professionals and crackers trying to break the system before access to it is widened.

Not really "opening it up" as it is Apple just providing an API that returns true or false if the user's TouchID is valid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.