Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Noxos
macrumors newbie

Ipod - Need one that can play mono + connect to spotify

I've gotten conflicting answers on this from looking around the internet, but it looks like maybe only the nano is able to play mono output? Can someone confirm this for me please?

Unfortunately, I need to be able to connect to spotify and the nano can't connect to the internet right? Is there an ipod that can play mono output + connect to spotify?
Noxos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:10 PM   #2
BruiserB
macrumors 6502a

Silly question, but what happens when a mono track is played on any other ipod? I would have just assumed you would hear the same thing in both ears on all iPods. Or worst case I guess you might only hear it in one ear, but then if you used a mono headset you should be able to hear it in both ears....or there must be an adapter that would do that....
BruiserB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxos View Post
Unfortunately, I need to be able to connect to spotify and the nano can't connect to the internet right? Is there an ipod that can play mono output + connect to spotify?
iPod Touch.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:55 PM   #4
DJLC
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to DJLC Send a message via MSN to DJLC Send a message via Yahoo to DJLC Send a message via Skype™ to DJLC
iPod Touch will do it.

I have an old 2nd gen rigged in to the (mono) PA system at work. It functions as our school bell system.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Noxos
macrumors newbie

Ok thanks guys. My only hesitation is isn't the touch meant to be more of complete multimedia thing? I wish there was a cheaper music only alternative that could still connect to spotify since I'm not interested in being able to play movies etc.
Noxos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:05 AM   #6
Pakaku
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxos View Post
Ok thanks guys. My only hesitation is isn't the touch meant to be more of complete multimedia thing? I wish there was a cheaper music only alternative that could still connect to spotify since I'm not interested in being able to play movies etc.
Connecting to Spotify may as well count as 'multimedia'. So yeah, the Touch is your best bet. All other iPods are dedicated music players.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod